BMR or TRZ Front Control arms?

Shanefap

Mar 28, 2014
In the debate between BMR and TRZ on the front control arms on my 1980 Malibu.

According to the sites the TRZ will save some weight but at the shop i work at we are direct with BMR and I can save 150$ over the TRZ stuff.

Any advice or input would be great.

Grcrygtr44

Frequent Racer
Feb 1, 2013
Ontario Ny
If ur just lookin to save weight- go to speedwaymotors.com and look at thier tubular upper control arms for the metric chassis cars. Last time I checked the were only $45 a piece! And u can get 8" or 8 1/2 if u need more adjustment.

10secBu

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 21, 2003
Westminster, MD
For drag racing, TRZ all the way. More caster, strong and light. I've punished mine pretty good over the years and they have held up great. Todd & Mike @ TRZ are great guys to deal with. Not only do they make a great product, but just as important they know how to help you get the most out of their product.

melloelky

Top Fueler
Jul 1, 2009
mass
10secBu said:
For drag racing, TRZ all the way. More caster, strong and light. I've punished mine pretty good over the years and they have held up great. Todd & Mike @ TRZ are great guys to deal with. Not only do they make a great product, but just as important they know how to help you get the most out of their product.
the More caster is a nice feature.you see more guys going real fast wheels up with the trz arms.if you're just looking to have a set of arms that look fancy it won't matter what you choose.

TRZ Motorsports

Frequent Racer
Nov 8, 2005
Orlando, FL
www.trzmotorsports.com
We have recently lowered our prices for complete A-arm kits and now feature only PRO series A-arms with the uppers being adjustable to fine tune the camber and caster settings regardless of ride height. Ours too are made in the USA... here in Florida in our small family owned shop of 6 people.

UMI Sales

Amateur Racer
Jan 6, 2009
Shanefap said:
In the debate between BMR and TRZ on the front control arms on my 1980 Malibu.

According to the sites the TRZ will save some weight but at the shop i work at we are direct with BMR and I can save 150$ over the TRZ stuff.

Any advice or input would be great.

How do you plan to use the car? Street/strip?

ramey

ky malibu

Weekend Racer
Aug 22, 2007
Ledbetter,kentucky
What's the advantage of the Trz arms besides weight if your front suspension is pretty much locked out? I ran my car with only a 1/2inch up travel this year and I e thought about these arms but not sure they are worth the money just for weight in my case.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts