blowthru turbo questions?

406 SHAKER

Weekend Racer
Jan 18, 2008
PORTLAND TN
where am i suppose to get the vacume for the wastegate , blow off valve and the fuel pump . i have all this stuff and its on the car but i need to know how to connect all this stuff . i was planning on taping the intake but im not sure about that . so if you can give me the answer to this that would help alot. thanks ! another question if i want to run a -10 fuel line and return line and the fuel cell has -8 bungs on it. is that okay ?

you have to run the BOV line under the carb. DO NOT Run the line from your regulator under the carb. I learned that the hard way. No matter how many times you set the base fuel pressure it would never be right. I tapped into the carb hat on mine and fuel pressure is 1:1. Also, run the WG line off the carb hat. I'll try and post some pics.
I think running a -10 line to a -8 bung defeats the purpose of the -10 line. But, I've heard -8 is a good enough size return.

Here is a link to installation instructions from the Tial site:
http://www.tialsport.com/techincal.htm

buschmec

Amateur Racer
Jul 7, 2003
panama city florida
manifold is lower usually, at full throttle on long blast it will even out but patial throttle will be major diff.

Overkill

Daily Driver
Apr 27, 2009
Damascus, MD
For 4 years Ive ran my side wastegate line from the turbo. Ran my fuel pressure reg line from the hat, and ran my BOV from under carb to see vacume when letting off throttle.

CutlassRacer

MalibuRacing Junkie
Dec 18, 2004
Gainesville, FL
www.facebook.com
Overkill said:
For 4 years Ive ran my side wastegate line from the turbo. Ran my fuel pressure reg line from the hat, and ran my BOV from under carb to see vacume when letting off throttle.

That is the way to do it.

There will always be a pressure difference above and below the carb in a blow through setup, that is how a carb works. The more expensive blow through carbs minimize the difference, but they also switch to very sensitive boosters to keep fuel moving into the air stream. Manifold will always be lower, always, even at wide open throttle.

elreyyakko

Daily Driver
May 6, 2010
run the 10 ninch line all the way, i learned the hard way that if u go from 10 to eight, ur regulator will go crazy and u will have prblems, i took the wagon apart 5 times before i called airomotive, and the first thinhg the tech asked me was if i had done the return line complelty in 10 or gone down in size when i got to the tank, long story short, took the tank down, ran it 10 all the way, end of problem with the regulator.(it would creep up and then flatline )good luck

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts