bellhousing question

rpoudrier

Weekend Racer
Nov 29, 2008
mass
If I run a universal gm bellhousing in my 79 by what kind of floor modifications will need to b done for the clutch linkage to work?

kevind

Dragway Regular
Jan 7, 2009
Whitley City KY
My car has had a regular style bellhousing for almost 20 years I've never had any issues other than I had to dent my floor for the clutch fork.

rpoudrier

Weekend Racer
Nov 29, 2008
mass
How big of a dent did u need to put in? Couple hits with a good size hammer do the trick

kevind

Dragway Regular
Jan 7, 2009
Whitley City KY
A couple hits with a hammer did mine.

rpoudrier

Weekend Racer
Nov 29, 2008
mass
Has anyone done the hydraulic set up from the f-body. I was told the plastic master cylinder does not build enough pressure to work with a performance clutch assembly. Any one who can verify this?

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
rpoudrier said:
Has anyone done the hydraulic set up from the f-body. I was told the plastic master cylinder does not build enough pressure to work with a performance clutch assembly. Any one who can verify this?

John Bzdel's done it. I have his clutch pedal, a McLeod F-body master (#139001, I think) & bolt-on release bearing for my M21. The problem with the stock F-body master isn't so much about pressure. It has a restrictor in the hydraulic line that makes fast shifting hard. The car's not on the road, but there's been enough conversions done the same way that I'm confident in it.

Tommy

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts