battery relocation

A

Anonymous

i wanna relocate my battery to the trunk. i cant find any place around here that sells a long enough battery cable and the relocation kits are too much money for me right now. someone told me that i can use 2 gauge powerwire, like for a car amplifier as a power wire for the battery. is this true?

MALIBU7902

Amateur Racer
Oct 6, 2003
Gurnee Illinois
I dont know what the exact guage is but what is in the battery relocation kit is the same guage as your battery cables now
you need to use the same guage as your current cables

A

Anonymous

can i use any wire as long as its the same gauge?

Supe

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 21, 2003
Charlotte, NC
Go to a welding supply store and ask them for the equivalent gauge in welding wire.

80superbu

Pro Stocker
Oct 2, 2005
Colorado springs, CO
I believe Lowe's sells the wire. Just tell them the length you need you need it cut to

7secondmalibu

Frequent Racer
Jan 14, 2007
Toledo, Ohio
You dont have a NAPA nearby? Thats odd I thought they were almost everywhere.

wiseman79

Top Fueler
Dec 18, 2004
Central Virginia
www.performancetech.net
I used a battery reloaction kit, terminals, wire, hold down etc. I have been told before not to use welding cable, I think it was because of the thickness of the strands? But with so many people using it must work fine anyway.

A

Anonymous

I've used the welding cable w/o any problems.........

Supe

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 21, 2003
Charlotte, NC
wiseman79 said:
I used a battery reloaction kit, terminals, wire, hold down etc. I have been told before not to use welding cable, I think it was because of the thickness of the strands? But with so many people using it must work fine anyway.

Welding cable is much more flexible than battery cable, and can hold sustained high amperage loads. No problems with automotive usage.

cherp22

Top Fueler
Apr 12, 2004
Roxana, IL
This is the cable kit that I used...
http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_10001_10002_752508_-1_10367

Used a thru panel connector and ran the cable inside the car. Here are some pics. Flaming river kill switch also...

100_0885.jpg

100_0875.jpg

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts