b.w. super t-10

A

Anonymous

i was wondering what parts i would need to put a super t-10 behind a big block in my 78 malibu, it has a th350 in it now bit its getting boring. its a street drivin car with a mild 461.i kind of wanted to use a hyd. clutch setup, i dont have much room because i have super comp headers so i dont think a stock setup will fit. any info would be greatly appreciated.

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
Any Chevy bell housing that will work with a 168 tooth flywheel, your choice of clutch, hydraulic release bearing (I used a McLeod bolt-on for my Muncie), a late model F-body Mcleod Master (#139001, IIRC) & a clutch pedal from John Bzdel. (mailto:[email protected])

Tommy

A

Anonymous

any recomendations for a clutch thanks

racecar77

Pro Stocker
Aug 11, 2007
Crete,IL
crappybu said:
any recomendations for a clutch thanks

I run a Center Force Dual-Friction in my El Camino and I love it.

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
i'm looking into getting a Spec clutch when the time comes. I wanted to run a Centerforce, too, but I've heard from both Keisler & McLeod that it's not a great idea to run a centrifugal assist clutch with a hydraulic release bearing. I just don't remember why.

http://www.specclutch.com/

Tommy

Meat Drapes

Dragway Regular
Mar 26, 2005
Stoutland, MO
I just did the Hyd clutch you are thinking of. My pedal is so stiff its not even funny. I am trying to figure things out but for now I am leaning towards the alignment of the slave and how it engages the fork. It should not hurt my leg to drive my car.
As far as the late model F-body slave, works just fine. The John Bdzel clutch pedal is a work of art too. I have plenty of fork throw and I have mastered bleeding the thing. So when your time comes perhaps I may have an answer for a question you may have or knowledge of a pitfall I can help you avoid.

A

Anonymous

thanks to everyone for all the info. i am gonna start getting parts together to do the swap so i am sure im gonna have more questions when i start doing the work. also i was wondering if the t-10 would hold up to about 400-450 hp. i havent bought the transmission yet so if it wont hold up i am gonna go with a different one . thanks again

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!