Are all 4 rear suspension bushings the same?

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
I'm searching and still up in the air on whether or not to go with poly or rubber, but I'm just trying to make sure I have all the right sizes before I get everything, just so I don't have to reorder (nothing available locally).

gstock8732

Dragway Regular
Jan 21, 2009
Jersey
It confused me at first. I bought energy suspension bushing for the whole suspension. The rear have a different part #. The upper control arm going to the rear is differnt from the lower. And same going to frame. And thrust washer numbers were different for each spot too. Worth it too. Whatchu putting it for that green one you posted pictures about.

malibulvr

Pro Stocker
Mar 22, 2008
Pensacola, Fl. 32526
Doober, it was bothering me so I went online and checked. Autozone.com, Advanceautoparts.com, and Rockauto.com all list same part number for all rear upper and lower rear bushings. Of course these are stock/OEM replacements. What you may recieve when ordering aftermarket poly bushings due to the way they want you to install them may be a whole different matter. It has been a long time since I installed a set. I wouldn't use the poly bushings myself, just my opinion though. The one car I put them in went from pulling the front wheels with completely stock rear suspension with rubber bushings, to wheel hopping with new poly's installed. A buddy of mine had the same prob with his Monte. If you are going to drive it alot, stick with the rubber ones, if you are going to race it, go all out with full adjustables and rod ends. Again, just my opinion. Been playin with these damn Gbody's for over 20 yrs now!

gstock8732

Dragway Regular
Jan 21, 2009
Jersey
He's right on with that. Me personally, this car I'm resto moddin will be a dd. Backroads and all the twisties. Next bu will be the ground pounder for me. It's all what the car will be used for regularly.

jitteryguy

Amateur Racer
Feb 8, 2009
Afganistan
the bush'ns are all the same , in the Energy Suspension kit there are differant thrust bush'ns for different location's .

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts