Anyone running Hotchkis Lowering springs?

mebe007

Amateur Racer
Oct 16, 2009
Eastern Virginia
Well thats good to know lol. I plan on checking out yalls upper and lower front control arms next year or later this year. If i didnt already have aftermarket rear arms i would have gone will yalls. I did however install your rear control arm braces. They seemed really nice. Fit was very tight but i got them in there. I like the thought off added bracing for the suspension but off topic, what real benefit do they serve. That way i can explain to people why i put them on lol.

UMI Sales

Amateur Racer
Jan 6, 2009
The idea for that brace came from GM in the late 60's. Big block cars had enough power to mangle the rear suspension so GM braced between those two points. You can think of them as subframe connectors but for suspension instead of body. Any loads input into a suspension point is spread out to its partner.

If someone asks just tell them you're making enough power that your suspension needs all the support it can get.

Basically, anytime we can keep a suspension component where it belongs, it's better than letting it move around.

ramey

CopperTop

Daily Driver
Aug 1, 2011
Hello guys. Just figured I chime in. Im running the Hotchkics TVS system and UMI front control arms in my Bu. I love the way she sits. At first it was kinda stiff but the springs are settling in now or Im getting use to it. Lol.. I have no rubbing issues at all. My profile pic is how it use to sit, now the front tire is slightly tucked in the fender. No rubs at all!
newstance.jpg

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
UMI Sales said:
mebe007 said:
Refresh me on how to seat correctly. The fronts have the coil in the little pocket like their supposed to in the control ARM.

Brown g body yours looks low and reassures me a little. Are u rubbing aluminum or iron heads? I have aluminum heads on my small block

Anymore photos

Also note: there is no engine or trans in the car @ the moment.

Depending on which lower a-arm you have in the front will depend on how the pigtail sits. With a factory lower, make sure the pigtail tip is in the lowest part of the pocket. With arms like ours, make sure the tip isn't on the high part of the ramp. Up in the frame, make sure it's not hung up on the locators stamped into the frame.

For the rears, just make sure everything is properly centered.

ramey

With stock lower A-arms, there are two holes in the spring pocket. One should be covered completely & the end of the pigtail should cover 1/2 of the other.

Tommy

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts