18x8 question

ILLEGAL REGAL

MalibuRacing Junkie
Jan 1, 2005
Tinley Park,IL
a little off here, but why do they list wheels with both offset and bs? I mean its the same thing if you understand the difference of the 2 measurements. Is it just for retards to try and make finding the right wheels foolproof?

for instance you never hear people even knowing the bs on their rims if they have +25 and vice versa for backspace. know what I be sayin :mrgreen:

RatMalibu

Pro Stocker
May 21, 2003
Rolla, Mo.
www.fidnet.com
I know what you're saying and really have no idea...the way I see it most of the time if you are talking import/fwd they give +/- offset measurments...and if you are talking muscle car type stuff they give backspace. I have no idea why wish they'd pick one and stay with it...kinda like SAE and metric lol

grey95chevyboy

Frequent Racer
Jun 21, 2008
port st.lucie,FL
hey will did some experimenting my 9.5 wide wheel with a 1 inch adapter/spacer fits!!!!! very very close to the frame but fits.

I installed a .25 spacer on top of the adapter and the fit to me is perfect!!!

so i will be ordering 1.25 adapters/spacers and be done. here is some pics of the wheels on the car!

102_2170.jpg

102_2162.jpg

really need to drop the front 2 inches now.

TOMS78BU

MalibuRacing Junkie
Dec 13, 2007
gadsden, alabama
Very clean Malibu! The wheels look good. If it were mine, I'd drop the front just a bit, but do what you prefer. You have a nice ride either way.

grey95chevyboy

Frequent Racer
Jun 21, 2008
port st.lucie,FL
TOMS78BU said:
Very clean Malibu! The wheels look good. If it were mine, I'd drop the front just a bit, but do what you prefer. You have a nice ride either way.

Thank u very much!! means allot coming from a guy with a bu like yours.

and yes she will get bagged or dropped extremely in the front.(I love cars low)

but before she gets dropped take that sticking v6 out for a small block...maybe the weight will bring her down a tad also.

anyway thanks for the help gentlemen in this thread!

JP

grey95chevyboy

Frequent Racer
Jun 21, 2008
port st.lucie,FL
Doober said:
Looks good :D What do you have far as tire size goes?

Thanks!

245/40/18 front.

255/45/18 Rear.

Plan for 275 in the rear very soon hopefully.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts