15x10 5.5 backspacing

bigbadbu

Pro Stocker
May 5, 2008
East Hartford
www.facebook.com
Has anyone gotten one to fit with a stock wheel well? I have an A body rear in the car and dont want to tub or notch the frame and 15*10 is much easier to find than a 15*8.

any thoughts or tips are appreciated.

greer_racing

Weekend Racer
Apr 23, 2013
yes. had a 30x9 on them nice foot print and look but then i put trick rear springs in and they lowered it to much. a 15x10 with 5.5 bs the lip is flush with the quarter and tried another 15x10 with 6 bs and it hits the shock which im not into relocating yet either. 67 chevelle 12 bolt in 78 malibu here but running 7 in vette wheels till i find prostars to match the front

Wicked 6

Dragway Regular
Feb 8, 2006
Ansonia, CT
thats the right size to run an A body rear but you have to notch the frame for them to work.

malibulvr

Pro Stocker
Mar 22, 2008
Pensacola, Fl. 32526
That's wrong backspace if using an A body rear! The A body rear is approx 3" longer than a G body rear. With the A body rear and a 10" wide wheel 5.5" backspacing you wil have problems with fender lip clearance or contact. If you don't have the frame notched and mini tubbed you need to stay with a 8" wide wheel 5.5" backspacing with a A body rear. 10" wide wheel is very hard to make work properly without a notch and mini tub, unless you like the 4WD look!

Wicked 6

Dragway Regular
Feb 8, 2006
Ansonia, CT
malibulvr said:
That's wrong backspace if using an A body rear! The A body rear is approx 3" longer than a G body rear. With the A body rear and a 10" wide wheel 5.5" backspacing you wil have problems with fender lip clearance or contact. If you don't have the frame notched and mini tubbed you need to stay with a 8" wide wheel 5.5" backspacing with a A body rear. 10" wide wheel is very hard to make work properly without a notch and mini tub, unless you like the 4WD look!

You're right meant to say with a 8" wheel. #-o I was thinking notch the frame to run 5.5 with a 10" on gbody rear.

greer_racing

Weekend Racer
Apr 23, 2013
you dont need a frame notch or mini tub, i had room on the inside just not the quarter. they never made contact driving or launching just jacking it up, even then it was maybe two feet before the body sat on them, yes it was 4x4 high with stock springs and 30x9s

wheelinjp

Amateur Racer
Jan 11, 2005
Puyallup, Wa
Ok i have the same size wheels (15x10 5.5"bs) but with 30x12.5 et streets. Im trying to figure out how wide to build my rear axle. I am doing framerails and mini tubs. (Cars already cut for backhalf) Best i can figure is 52" wide. I wanted to keep the tire just under the fender lip.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts