10 bolt 7.5 axle upgrades

monzaz

Dragway Regular
Aug 10, 2005
Richfield, Oh
www.jdrace.com
You are correct in some of the info just not totally complete.

There are many carriers... so everyone needs to do there home work. :)

I try to help where I can. I specialize in the GM rears ...Now if you were to bring up Ford Mopar or AMC I would definitely lay back and watch and learn myself...lol :) Don't get me wrong I can build them all BUT am by no means a guru in those makes of rears (tricks and specs etc.)

I totally believe you had your problem with out a doubt...BUT I can not totally give the info as NOT possible to accomplish for the other post. ok?

Regulator

Daily Driver
Sep 21, 2008
so with your 28 spline open carrier i could get the axles and mini spool it? what did the carrier come outof, a s-10 im guessing? camaro? 20 bucks sound like a deal but how much do you think shipping would cost im in phoenix,az? might be cheaper for me to go pluck on out of a salvage yard.

do you have any experience with mini spools? ive heard it puts more stress on parts, so im thinking the 28 spline moser axles would be a nice upgrade, along with a aluminum TA cover.

thanks for your input

monzaz

Dragway Regular
Aug 10, 2005
Richfield, Oh
www.jdrace.com
10.70 usps flat rate shipping. I have a shelf full s-10 newer impala 90-96 (yes impala received the little 7.6 also...lol.) with 7.6 rear usually.

Mini spool will put more stress on the axles but with Moser axles it will assure you do not snap an axle. Biggest problem is SLOW PARKING in to parking spot at a store etc. As long as your gunning the gas it is fairly stress free...lol. Jim

cutlass389

Frequent Racer
Feb 2, 2009
NC
Thanks Jim for the carrier I needed. The gear and minispool fit perfect just like you said. I appreciate your prompt action and fair dealing.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts