Which BBC gen IV oil pan

kevind

Dragway Regular
Jan 7, 2009
Whitley City KY
I use a GM pan 70 Chevelle type also have used a Steff's pan.

prairiehotrodder

Pro Stocker
Dec 17, 2005
Melfort Saskatchewan Canada
I have a moroso 7 qt kickout pan. i use 6 qt of oil in it. Dyno shop guys have told me that running the full 7 qt costs alot of power. I also run a stock gm vortec starter. When i had the 2241 headers this pan was a pain for oil filter clearance. Now with Lemons headers its fine. The only thing i don't like about it is the location of the drain plug. If i was to buy another pan i'd make sure every last drop of oil drains out. I spent a little extra and get a 1 pc oil pan gasket and also a oil pan stud kit. I hate leaks. Allthough i have noticed that a 4.25 stroke crank will take little bites of the blue felpro 1 pc pan gasket.
Brian

bracketchev1221

Dragway Regular
Apr 22, 2009
Mountville Pa
prairiehotrodder said:
I have a moroso 7 qt kickout pan. i use 6 qt of oil in it. Dyno shop guys have told me that running the full 7 qt costs alot of power. I also run a stock gm vortec starter. When i had the 2241 headers this pan was a pain for oil filter clearance. Now with Lemons headers its fine. The only thing i don't like about it is the location of the drain plug. If i was to buy another pan i'd make sure every last drop of oil drains out. I spent a little extra and get a 1 pc oil pan gasket and also a oil pan stud kit. I hate leaks. Allthough i have noticed that a 4.25 stroke crank will take little bites of the blue felpro 1 pc pan gasket.
Brian

Mine gained 4 hp going from 7 qts to 6 qts.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!