Getting ready to order a 9" for my Turbo T

TDMKR496

Daily Driver
Dec 29, 2012
Getting ready to order a 9" for my Turbo T, I plan on notching the frame and would like to use a 10" wheel. Looking for opinions as to if I should order a narrowed housing or is standard width perfect, also what back spacing to use. Looking for input, thanks.

prairiehotrodder

Pro Stocker
Dec 17, 2005
Melfort Saskatchewan Canada
I did a full frame notch with a stock width 9". 15 x 10 wheels with 5.5" backspace. Fits nice. Had to trim the lower control arm brackets a little to clear the wheel. A narrowed housing doesn't work so great because the control arm brackets are so close to the brake backing plate. Plus if you want to sell it or use it in a different car someday it will be better if its stock width.
Brian

TDMKR496

Daily Driver
Dec 29, 2012
Thanks for the input guys, I have been looking at a housing from Trick Chassis. I have read a few reviews and they seemed to be a nice unit.

Who is QT? What were the issues?

Last edited by a moderator:

prairiehotrodder

Pro Stocker
Dec 17, 2005
Melfort Saskatchewan Canada
build your own , I made this video giving instructions

Brian

Last edited by a moderator:

malicad

Dragway Regular
Dec 8, 2009
South Milwaukee, WI
Brian, great job on the DIY video.
I didn't think the Trick Chassis rears were so affordable. That's not a bad price, considering everything you get. Their powder coat is a little expensive (I can get a rear done for 100 bucks), but for a NEW housing, that's great.
I wouldn't mind making my own from a salvage rear, but for what local places want for them ( $200-$300), risking that the housing "may" be bent, stock Ford axles that you know are worn, buying new bearings, seals, finding a doner rear to cut brackets off of, buying steel to make the jig, and my time (the most precious)...probably saving just a couple hundred bux. For me, that Trick Chassis one looks great. Do they ever do discounts for us?

Trick Chassis

Weekend Racer
Jan 6, 2013
Brodhead, Wi
www.trickchassis.com
Hi,

Give me a call i can work a price out for you. I see your in Wisconsin and can could save on shipping too if you pick it up.

Thanks,

608-313-9197

melloelky

Top Fueler
Jul 1, 2009
mass
Trick Chassis said:
Hi,

Give me a call i can work a price out for you. I see your in Wisconsin and can could save on shipping too if you pick it up.

Thanks,

608-313-9197
can't argue with service like that,nice job. :thumbsup:

malicad

Dragway Regular
Dec 8, 2009
South Milwaukee, WI
Agreed ^. Who should I ask for? I may not be ready for a little while...

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!