400plus hp ls Ideas?

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
From what I've seen it also has vvt, not a huge deal but it's something to be aware of. Those LS3/L92 heads make crazy power with no porting at all. Add a decent cam and you're basically in the 500hp range, but make sure the injectors support it and have a proper tune. You may make slightly less hp than with a carb, but you'll get better mpg.

Remember that's at the wheels too, so imagine what area the crank numbers are in...

Last edited by a moderator:

dinosport

Daily Driver
Jul 21, 2015
Doober said:
From what I've seen it also has vvt, not a huge deal but it's something to be aware of. Those LS3/L92 heads make crazy power with no porting at all. Add a decent cam and you're basically in the 500hp range, but make sure the injectors support it and have a proper tune. You may make slightly less hp than with a carb, but you'll get better mpg.

Remember that's at the wheels too, so imagine what area the crank numbers are in...

Thanks. Thats very promising. I have another issue that I Could use some advise on. I just found out my current 350 is oil fouling #1 cylinder. I cant imagine pulling it and spending time and money on it, having the 6-0. I have access to an ls1 harness and ecu. I know they have different reluctor wheels. I don't know if anything else is different. Can I make that work? reflashed or something. I can snag it pretty cheap from a friend right now but I just need to know itll work before I lose out on it.
Thanks.
PS I guess there will be a build thread sooner than I originally expected.

Last edited by a moderator:

dinosport

Daily Driver
Jul 21, 2015
So for anybody Interested in knowing so far I believe the ecu from an ls1 cant be used for my set up. Not only is one a 24 tooth and the other a 58 tooth but the voltage for the crank sensor is different and there is no flash that can correct that. Im sure there is something out there that can correct it but getting to complicated. Next question is the ecu for 09 and up can it be programed to run without needing a smart key? I found them cheap enough now I need to know if I can make that work. If not Im just going to a carb set up for now, do the brakes suspension interior, In the mean time ill save for a stand alone and everything needed. Thanks guys.
As I learn Ill post it here.

malibulvr

Pro Stocker
Mar 22, 2008
Pensacola, Fl. 32526
I went carb on my new 6.0L for the simple reason it will be much cheaper to get it going, but planning on swapping out to fuel injection once I get the rest of the car ironed out. I would recommend looking at the Daytona Sensors control for the ignition and a Megasquirt to run the ignition. You should be able to buy the Daytona Sensors box along with a Megasquirt and harness for about the cost of a race carburetor. On the intake look for a Trailblazer SS intake supposed to be one of the best flowing you can get.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!