HOTRODREGAL.COM is my LS 6.0 build

transformer2

Weekend Racer
Sep 16, 2006
St. Louis, MO
Sorry its been awhile for the update...
Eaton Detroit Truetrac installation into the Nodular Iron Ford 9" third member.
This post has 3 "How To" videos that might help you decide if you want to tackle this upgrade.
Roy Teeter (co-owner of P.E.M. Racing in St. Clair, MO) assembled the third member and Truetrac. Highly recommended!

Last edited by a moderator:

transformer2

Weekend Racer
Sep 16, 2006
St. Louis, MO
Well, I just installed the UMI Performance rear shock tower brace part #3055... I like it, it fit perfect, and it makes sense. In the LSX El Camino my friend Greg is building he has a completely different coil over shock set up and welded a cross bar to the frame where the shocks would normally mount and used his cross bar as the coil over upper mount point. I don't have that kind of room and my rear axle set up is not as custom as his... So, this UMI performance bar ties the frame together like his welded in coil over bar. I guess if a person really wanted to, they could weld this bar to the frame for additional rigidity - I won't be welding it though, simply because I like the bolt in application of this product.

This is really a no brainer for the the G-body... anything to stiffen the frame is good.

check out the install video here:

-Matt

transformer2

Weekend Racer
Sep 16, 2006
St. Louis, MO
link to the latest progress on the HotRodRegal build...

Trying out the complete Hotchkis Sport Suspension Stage 2 TVS kit with the Baer Brakes Bumpsteer kit. Got some install videos and a few pics here - Hotchkis Suspension for the G-body

more to come on the build soon!

transformer2

Weekend Racer
Sep 16, 2006
St. Louis, MO
How about using an Ididit Inc. floor shift column in a G-body?... (click link for article and pics)

It's an option that not many G-body guys want to try since we have excellent columns anyway... But what if you want something a little more crisp feeling than the stock column? Or what if you have a column shift car and want to switch to a floor shift column? Ididit Universal columns or a custom built columns are a good option.

also if you haven't seen the newest set of proto-type / black ceramic coated headers for the LSX swap G-body from Ultimate headers, check out my social media accounts @HotRodRegal on facebook/twitter/Instagram

try'n to help the g-body's

Matt

transformer2

Weekend Racer
Sep 16, 2006
St. Louis, MO
How about a look at Greg Cragg's LSX El Camino and the Ridetech suspension install part 1

transformer2

Weekend Racer
Sep 16, 2006
St. Louis, MO

Sorry for no updates for awhile.This is why though- built a shop... helped my friend with his new El Camino- worth a look - Regal is up next.
pics are worth a look.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!