BBC to 6.0L LS swap help.

malibulvr

Pro Stocker
Mar 22, 2008
Pensacola, Fl. 32526
Just found out my new BBC with only 25 min of run time has cut 7 lobes off the cam, frustrated and thinking about going to an LS engine. Trying to weigh the cost of fixing my new engine versus swapping to an LS. Friend has a 105k mi iron 6.0L from a 200-2001 2500 truck, engine is complete with coils, fuel rails, cable style throttle body harness and computer. Realistically i need to know what it will take to get the 6.0L into the car. From basic research I've found out about the 1" set back adapter plates, but need to know of there is any adapters required to mate with my current th400 and converter, and also if I can retain my current 1/2" hard aluminum fuel line and just change pumps etc...Also best and least cost headers that fit well and will flow well. Thanks.

Hickrocket1258

Weekend Racer
Nov 25, 2013
West Chester, PA
You can get adapter plates off eBay for like $35. You can get the 6.0 to mount to it without a spacer if there's already one on there connected to the crank. Depends what year 6.0. If you don't the extra cost is about $80 from Jegs. There's a lot of little things here and there that would be needed, but before I decided to switch back to old school I was looking at maybe around $2500, including engine.

SSmonte408

Amateur Racer
Jun 19, 2007
otisville, Michigan

Depends on what you want. I have close to 5k in mine still with a sbe. I got carried away with fuel system, injectors, cam, ecu. Ive seen a swap done for 2k though.

Last edited by a moderator:

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!