4L60E for a Malibu

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
Water/water coolers are more efficient than air/water, but an add-in cooler would help keep temps from climbing.

MalibuChile

Weekend Racer
Mar 25, 2012
Temuco, Chile
I made the conections for the lock up of the torque converter. I use the same conector of my old TH200c, but add a ground cable acording the data that you gave me and it work, but i feel the converter lock up too early, sometimes in second or third gear..

Is this too bad, any potential damage to the transmision...

MalibuChile

Weekend Racer
Mar 25, 2012
Temuco, Chile
Since a few days i have noted problems with the shift points. When the engine and transmission is cold the shifts points are high, too high RPM and the lock up of the converter is not working. Only when the transmission reach normal temperature, same with the engine, the shift point get normal again, but today the lock up simply dont work... is very similar to the problems with my old TH200c...

MalibuChile

Weekend Racer
Mar 25, 2012
Temuco, Chile
I installed a TH700r4 transmission in my Malibu. Runs fine until i started to have and electric problem.
First the alternator light sudenly turns on. At first i check the alternator but even with the light on the alternator work fine, then i replace a 20 amp fuse that was burn, but after a while it burn again this time when i was driving on the highway. Here i also noticed that the lockup of the converter engage and disengage constantly. Normally it locks and then unlocks only when i press the brake pedal. I made a test disconecting the lockup cable on the transmission and the fuse didn't burn this time.

I remove the oil pan and the wiring with the TCC solenoid. I get one cheap and replaced but the problem persist. As soon as i reconnect the cable in the transmission the fuse burn again. Idont know what else could be. The presssure sensor is with one cable.....

MalibuChile

Weekend Racer
Mar 25, 2012
Temuco, Chile
I'm having troubles with the gears shift. Sometimes work fine, but others i have to accelerate a lot to make a shift. At first i was blaming the throttle preassure cable, but now this happens almost all the time on all the gears.

First i simply stop the engine and pull manually the cable and the tranmission works OK, but now i do the same thing and the problem continues and its getting worse. I'm driving normally and stops on a traffic light and when i get moving again the shift goes to hell. Also i have notices a noise on the transmission when i stop car and the engine and i get moving, when shift to park or neutral the sound dissapears. This could be the torque converter or simply the throttle preassure cable.

Some time ago i have problems with the TCC solenoid, since then i have disconnect the lock up of the torque converter untill i buy a new one, when i remove the oil pan i found it clean, no thrace of contamination on it.

Any help is really apreciatted....

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
It sounds like the TV (throttle valve) may be sticking. If you tug on the cable and it goes back to normal is what makes me think it's sticking. They're not too hard to get to, can remove with the trans in the car, and there are springs available (may be in a shift kit though) that prevents this.

I don't have any suggestions on the noise or torque converter.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!