My 6.2 Swap into 80 Malibu

emoutra

Daily Driver
Aug 7, 2013
malibulvr said:
Love your build, car is coming out nice. Wish I had gone LS on my car instead of my BBC. I too have he Heads Up Composites front and rear bumpers but haven't installed them yet. Are they easy to install, and did you have to reinforce them at the mounting points.

Thanks! Sorry for the late reply been trying to get her ready for some testing. Pretty simple.
I just used washers on both sides on the front. For the rear instead of drilling holes we notched it.
Wasn't enough material to drill holes.

SLICK78

Dragway Regular
Aug 1, 2009
La Porte, Tx
so it's just bolted to the fenders and not the frame horns?

malibulvr

Pro Stocker
Mar 22, 2008
Pensacola, Fl. 32526
emoutra said:
malibulvr said:
Love your build, car is coming out nice. Wish I had gone LS on my car instead of my BBC. I too have he Heads Up Composites front and rear bumpers but haven't installed them yet. Are they easy to install, and did you have to reinforce them at the mounting points.

Thanks! Sorry for the late reply been trying to get her ready for some testing. Pretty simple.
I just used washers on both sides on the front. For the rear instead of drilling holes we notched it.

On the rear bumper...just wondering what you mean instead of drilling the holes you notched it. Are you referring to notching
the Heads Up bumper in some way, or the flange on the car. Thanks again!

emoutra

Daily Driver
Aug 7, 2013
On the rear bumper...just wondering what you mean instead of drilling the holes you notched it. Are you referring to notching
the Heads Up bumper in some way, or the flange on the car. Thanks again![/quote]

Yeah..I notched the bumper.

oldschool

Frequent Racer
Nov 13, 2003
concord, NC
malibulvr said:
emoutra said:
malibulvr said:

the Heads Up bumper in some way, or the flange on the car. Thanks again!

He is right about not being much room to mount... I would have built them differently, like leaving more of a return to mount them...
Here are pics of my mount job not the best but it works

rear bumper pic

20140822_121127.jpg

front pics

20140822_120848.jpg

Gbodyfan

Weekend Racer
Aug 18, 2015
Las Vegas
I really like this build....
Sounds killer, how did it end up running at the track?

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!