Any chance anybody knows a good sage green substitute?

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
Since about the only thing that's reproduced in sage green is the carpet, I'm up a creek if I want to keep the original color in the '78. I can't find the site now, but the only green listed for the seats is vinyl (yuck), which isn't huge as I'm not that much of a stickler for the original upholstery style/pattern, just the color. The door panels are still in ok shape, but the upper trim around the windows is from a LeMans, so I need to replace that someday... just the top part, the portion covering the b-pillar is fine.
scale.aspx

Does anyone know of a good match to the original green? The window trim I need to replace was originally blue, and looks to be a good match to the rest of the interior, but I have no idea how to find the same color.

JuniorJ

Frequent Racer
Your best bet is to have some plastic paint mixed to match, take a piece of trim that still has fairly good color to it and use that. I have had to do that a bunch of times for a rare color or a ugly color. Most auto paint supply stores can match it and mix it up for you, and they may even be able to make it a rattle set up, if you don't have a spray gun and comp. set up.

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
I originally was planning on a black interior, but now I'm thinking of something different... don't know if I want to do a combination of green/black or all green... everybody does black since it's somewhat universal, but I'm sticking with the factory green exterior.

JuniorJ

Frequent Racer
Doober said:
You callin' my green ugly?!?! :cry: :lol:

That sage green looking at ugly in the rear view mirror...lol

No really it's not that bad of a color, but matching it is a pain in the butt. I looked for 8 months for sage green cloth to do a set of buckets and rear seat, and everybody had 2-3 yards and everybody's was a different shade of the same color. When I finally found someone with enough to do what I needed, I bought all 20 yards of it...lol Did what I had to work on, and sold the rest off on ebay for $22.50 a yard, tripled my money on it.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!