360demonRT's 78 build

360demonRT

Frequent Racer
Jul 13, 2008
central Ky
I noticed the walbro didn't come with fittings... Anyone have ideas on the size? Also, the outlet on the regulator looks like a pushlock of some sort, got to a junkyard and find a fitting?

rodneypierce

Frequent Racer
Oct 9, 2013
Cedar Rapids, IA
Nevermind, its a filter/regulator. You can probably go to any auto parts store and get the plastic fitting, I also know that they do make push lock to AN fitting adapters.

360demonRT

Frequent Racer
Jul 13, 2008
central Ky
Will do on the parts house. Probably take the pump with me and go through random fittings until I find something

rodneypierce

Frequent Racer
Oct 9, 2013
Cedar Rapids, IA
its a 10 x 1.0 fitting for the pump. Auto parts store or even home depot should have a 10mm x 1.0 pitch barbed fitting.

The other fittings for the filter/regulator should be available at the auto parts store as well.

360demonRT

Frequent Racer
Jul 13, 2008
central Ky
Got the adapter Thursday, just been swamped at work, thanks again sir.

Got excited yesterday because I got to work on the car. Started pulling bellhousing bolts, got down to the last one and remembered I forgot the converter bolts lol. It's rained all day, and I'm working in the driveway so no progress today. Hope to get my research paper done tonight so tomorrow I can spend a couple hours getting all my stuff moved from the storage building to the house and then be able to pull the 305 the rest of the way out and prep the 5.3 to go in. Still waiting on my cam kit.

rodneypierce

Frequent Racer
Oct 9, 2013
Cedar Rapids, IA
Awesome, and no issue brother!! Glad you can get some use out of it. Better then collecting dust on my shelf. I was very bummed that I could not find the bolts, as I know I had them at one time and would have sent them along as well!

360demonRT

Frequent Racer
Jul 13, 2008
central Ky
Finished getting everything ready to pull. Still waiting on cam stuff and now after our move, I can't find my motor mounts? Ah well, I'll weld some up.

I did find time to do some paint work. Car was entirely too bright imo. Here's some before and after

Hope to get cam this week and get it in. Next week buy my fuel fittings, lines, starter, coils, alternator and whatever. There's a street cruise/arm drop (dont expect to be competitive) that I'd like to make May 1st.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!