My 6.2 Swap into 80 Malibu

emoutra

Daily Driver
Aug 7, 2013
INTHE10s said:
emoutra said:
It's a 2in drop spindle with qa1 coil-overs. It's actually to low in the front, I have an inch of ground clearance with the headers.

Looks perfect to me!! 350 lbs springs?

Yeah it's the 350, I would like to keep it but this one will see street duty!

INTHE10s

Amateur Racer
Jan 3, 2005
Somerset NJ
emoutra said:

I'm about to install that exact setup in my car. Couple ?'s How much did the springs compress when on the ground and how hi (or low) is the spring adjuster on the shock body? A pic would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Jerry

emoutra

Daily Driver
Aug 7, 2013
INTHE10s said:
emoutra said:

I'm about to install that exact setup in my car. Couple ?'s How much did the springs compress when on the ground and how hi (or low) is the spring adjuster on the shock body? A pic would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Jerry

Haven't measured it yet, but the adjuster is at the bottom of the shock body. QA1 said I could go up another 2.5 inches without affecting my rebound.

emoutra

Daily Driver
Aug 7, 2013
INTHE10s said:
emoutra said:

Thanks in advance,
Jerry

Didn't have to change spindles at all.

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
Did you reinforce the arms for those coilovers? I'd hate to see it tearing up the arms from all that force in such a small area.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!