Everyone post your wheel and tire combo.

malibulvr

Pro Stocker
Mar 22, 2008
Pensacola, Fl. 32526
That makes me feel better,lol! I had 15x8 w/ 4" bs and with 275 drag radial was all into the fender lip . I sold those and bought a set of the summit wheels 15x8 a/ 4.5" but haven't had time to bolt them on yet. I have a similar set up with a GN 8.5 rear but have Gbody calipers and S10 rotors that clear the 15" wheels better! Would love to see a straight on side pic of your car with the new wheels!

Alex41

Weekend Racer
Nov 4, 2013
Fort Belvoir, VA
Ok then..

Malibu21_zpsf1f7bbb1.jpg

Alex41

Weekend Racer
Nov 4, 2013
Fort Belvoir, VA
That's hard to say. The disc brake set up may push the wheel more towards the body than a drum will. You may have to use a 4" backspace and use a 3/8" spacer. Don't quote me on this. I know this is hard to figure out without buying a wheel but if you have someone close to you that has the same set up you want to run maybe they will let you try a wheel on or something.

malibulvr

Pro Stocker
Mar 22, 2008
Pensacola, Fl. 32526
When using std drum brakes, the 4.5" bs 8" wide wheel usually is ok with up to a 255/60 street tire, but a 275/60 will usually rub the frame. If you are using a stock length rear with iron brake drums then an 8" wide wheel 4" bs should be great. Keep in mind if using the factory aluminum brake drums or a disc brake set that they are a bit thicker than the factory iron brake drum.

Alex41

Weekend Racer
Nov 4, 2013
Fort Belvoir, VA
I really wish I could tell you an exact inch drop on the car but I really don't know. I have the stock springs up front with 3/4 coil cut off on B body spindles and some F body springs out back that have been previously trimmed but no clue how much.

On another note, I finally got the tire set up I've wanted up front. The difference between the tires was too much for me so I went with a taller side wall tire. Originally I had 205 60 15's and now they are 215 65 15's. They went from a 24.69" height to a 26". I LOVE this look SOOOOOO much more.

Malibu22_zps256f0950.jpg

Malibu23_zps9895902d.jpg

Malibu24_zps09d04d18.jpg

Redline8k

Dec 28, 2012
nice looks good. so you are on a 15x7 215/65 up front and 15x8 275/60 in the back no rubbing... can you get a photo of the tire to fender clearance in the back... also do you have any issues turning to full lock? I was hoping to run at least 225 or 235s up front...

Alex41

Weekend Racer
Nov 4, 2013
Fort Belvoir, VA
The rear tires will rub VERY slightly when I go over a good bump at speeds or when banked in a turn on a certain angle at a certain speed. It doesn't happen everytime either, it may happen once or twice a week. When it does rub, it is touching the quarter skin inner structure. It isn't tearing up the paint, tires, or anything else since its just a small rub for a second or two.

As far as the front goes, I don't know how much more tire I could run without rubbing the fender itself in turns. My suspension is dialed in as far as alignment specs go but my drivers wheel sits further forward in the wheel well than the passenger. This causes the tire to contact the inner fender when the wheel is turned and I'm going up a small bump like my driveway. Other than that, the fronts don't rub.

215's are pretty wide if you get a chance to look at them. I wouldn't really want to go with more than them for a car this size unless you wanted to go for a pro touring feel. In that case, I would use a lower sidewall for better handling.

I'll go see about getting a pic for you, the sun is finally out. lol

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!