HOTRODREGAL.COM is my LS 6.0 build

Double_Trouble

Amateur Racer
Jan 14, 2009
Quad Cities, Iowa
the a-bodys is were most of the issues i ran into came from when using those mounts. i shoot for 3.0-3.5* myself, also has lots of clearance problems with pan aswell with the inners. had to make sure we got inners with the zerk on the back side. although ive never done a swap using the pan you have... your build is looking great by the way. like the attention to detail so far.

transformer2

Weekend Racer
Sep 16, 2006
St. Louis, MO
Got some usable info for you LS engine swap guys

Radiator hose part #'s I used.

Upper hose: Gates 21837
Lower Hose: Gates 20159

Check out the pics and details

hope it helps a few folks!
-Matt

Last edited by a moderator:

DeltaT

Dragway Regular
Oct 28, 2003
Nor Cal
I like your site and will use it as a reference. Do you believe that it's a necessity to remove the AC/Heater to get one of these LS motors into a G-Body, or does it just make it a lot easier?

Thanks,

Jim

transformer2

Weekend Racer
Sep 16, 2006
St. Louis, MO
I am not really certain that you need to remove the A/C Box for the install of a LS engine. But I am certain it depends on which motor mounts that you use. The after market is really coming around with coil relocation kits so I wouldn't be afraid to try anything really.
Good luck if you try an LS swap.... I am getting ready to help a very good friend with one in a REALLY COOL el-camino. He wants to put a carb. on it!

Oh and its been awhile, but new pics and info is up on Hot Rod Regal - GM Performance & Appearance Modifications
I just finished my power steering lines and a power steering remote reservoir installation. Its got some good info on how to make a close out panel for your inner fender too.

Best regards
Matt

transformer2

Weekend Racer
Sep 16, 2006
St. Louis, MO
Cool LS engine steam vent kit purchased and installed...C&R racing kit .... got the pics up on the site

probably the easiest way to get this done if you don't have a provision in your radiator for a steam vent, or if you don't want to drill a hole in your water pump. Plus the parts look cool in all black!

transformer2

Weekend Racer
Sep 16, 2006
St. Louis, MO
I added another billet specialties part - radiator overflow tank. $$$ I had to have this just simply because it looked cool.
check out the link.

More fun stuff, I have recently modified the truck coil brackets and had them powder coated (little over the top - but cheaper than buying aftermarket ones). That one is up also, used a local guy "Gateway Powder Coating" that did great work. always good to know of good service providers!

Hot Rod Regal - GM Performance & Appearance Modifications

I am really excited about a trip I have planned very soon! -Mast Motorsports- Going for a tour of their facility in Nacogdoches, TX where I get to help a friend build a top end on an LSX 440!!! dont worry I will take plenty of photos!

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!