100 shot?'s

Excelerater

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 22, 2003
Memphis,TN
nice copper........None of those lines and fittings are suitable for drag racing...plus they are heavy

Cells up front are bad news,you have a head on crash and your going to
be in trouble big time....take it from a guy who crashed head on into a wall .....

For a 100 shot timing is not an issue id shoot it and check a plug,chances are your fine

Since you have 650HP,a 250GPH pump is pretty much the minimum id run with that much HP anyways
assuming you have a rear mounted pump,250GPH or more your fine to just T off the main line with a regulator

NEW2MALIBU

Dragway Regular
Mar 5, 2007
idaho
nice copper........None of those lines and fittings are suitable for drag racing...plus they are heavy

Just copper coated. Been running fittings like that for 20+ years.....have never had a problem. I'm an electrician so I would get my fittings from the pipe fitters. Not an all out race car, just my hobby ride.

foureyed

Amateur Racer
Apr 6, 2012
janesville,wi 53548
boyzbad said:
I have a 400 sbc making 650 n/a. I want to run a small plate on it for index racing to pick up a few tenths. Never messed with nos before but from what I'm told 100 is pretty safe. Not wanting to get into the tuning aspect really but the setup I'm gonna need. I have a 7al-3 so I was gonna use the retard function and the window switch to activate it unless a timer would be more consistent than rpm. In any event I figure I need to know about the fuel delivery part. My belt driven fuel pump won't work since it's internally regulated so I was just gonna go back to an electric pump.

1. Will the timing retard and window switch be ok
2. Can I use an Aeromotive A1000 pump to feed a 10an line up front (Aeromotive is local so I'd like to buy their stuff)
3. Can I use a single regulator to feed the carb and fuel solenoid or do I need a y with a return for carb and dead head the nos side.
4. I was just gonna put the bottle in the car so what do I need to maintain bottle temp since that is a tuning aspect correct?
5. Looking at a plate for simplicity
Throw some ideas my way
Gary

Window switch will be most consistent. Pump will be fine.u need to run a separate reg. As far as the bottle is concerned,id run a heater controlled off a in-line pressure control switch.it will kick on the heater when the pressure drops below a certain level.h what plate u lookn at?4150 or dominator style? I have a couple I would sell if ur interested and need one.

Excelerater

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 22, 2003
Memphis,TN
NEW2MALIBU said:
I haven't run mine yet (too cold), but here is what I learned so far. I just installed a 1 gal. cell under the hood. I added a window switch, and I used the retard off of my Digital 6 box. From what I have read the A1000 is more than enough pump. I simply added a Holley Black under the hood for the nitrous side. I would probably suggest the additional regulator, you are going to want to know exactly what your fuel pressure is going to the fuel solenoid. I just put my bottle in the trunk. I bought the NOS 150-250 Cheater of of Amazon.com for $297.00, $335.00 from Summit or Jegs. I am starting off with a 100 shot also.

NitrousFuel.jpg

NitrousCarb-1.jpg

Copper Plumbing ?

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!