Aftermarket EFI... troubleshooting, diagnostics, and service

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
Re: Aftermarket EFI... troubleshooting, diagnostics, and ser

Yup, but the most plug & play compatible setup for G-Bodies would be the regular EBL for TBI and a stock TBI harness, modified for port injection... or the SFI-6 version with a GN setup.

Chevys_Only

Daily Driver
Nov 22, 2012
Altoona, PA

When I did my last project, an '88 V-8 S-10 blazer, I used the factory tbi with some mild mods and the EFI spoiled me. I'm definitely looking at efi for my big block. No choke and the ecm will control my lock-up converter. I think the fuel mpg will improve as well. I've been looking at the EBL system for a long time, I think it might be time to give it a try.

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com

I don't know what you have in mind, but if you're considering TBI, I would also look into a Vortec intake and heads. If they do for a BBC what they did for an SBC, then that's a lot of potential using factory parts. It will also be easier to control fuel flow at low speeds with 8 injectors instead of 2.

Supe

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 21, 2003
Charlotte, NC

I'm in the middle of looking for my EFI options for the time trial/hill climb car as the carb is giving me fits on the steep hills and drastic elevation changes. Also contemplating the EZ-EFI options. You may want to give Brian Macy a call at Horsepower Connection or shoot him an e-mail. He's been great about taking the time to answer all my dumb questions so far, and if you ever need support, you can go through him rather than sitting on hold with so and so's tech support line.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts