Reproduction body parts & trim clips

bukweet

Top Fueler
Mar 22, 2005
Mississippi Gulf Coast
79 surfwagon said:
bukweet said:
trim clips:

http://northlandfasteners.biz/Store/advanced_search_result.php?osCsid=b1ebc19db5ae7e803900077df316c632&keywords=&search_in_description=1&categories_id=63&inc_subcat=1&manufacturers_id=&pfrom=0&pto=100&dfrom=&dto=&x=43&y=9

Note the prices at Northland are pack price, not per clip price. Click item to see how many per pack.

bukweet

how do i tell which ones are for the middle bow for a wagon headliner? I know what they look like, they have a wider base than the front and rear, but how do I know from the photos on the website? Anyone bought the middle bow headliner clips for a wagon?

If they have these, http://northlandfasteners.biz/Store/product_info.php?cPath=37_106&products_id=751

I bet they have yours.

Tons of clips available here.
Call or e-mail them ?
Personal contact just might help.

bukweet

Bruce Compton

Daily Driver
Sep 29, 2009
Boise,Idaho
I tried Northland but got no answer, so I went to NAPA and lo and behold I found the clips I was looking for.
(78 Malibu 2dr rear window moulding clips). There are two different ones on the window. The top and sides are metal and should come off in good shape, but the clips across the bottom are plastic and will most likely be junk.
The NAPA Balkamp part number is 665-1120. They come in a box of 14 and not a bad price. Hope this helps
someone. :)

464elcamino

Amateur Racer
Mar 28, 2010
alton illinois
Tons of clips available here.
Call or e-mail them ?
Personal contact just might help.

Been trying to call and email the last few days and I guess they have crappy customer service and dont wanna sell anything or there closed up. I also have been trying to order windshield moulding clips from them but which one out of the 8 they show for GM 68 n up. Lol

bukweet

Top Fueler
Mar 22, 2005
Mississippi Gulf Coast
I ordered a pair of fender extensions for a 76 Olds for a friend of mine. He owns a body shop and was doing a resto for a customer and didn't know they were available.
Replica Plastics had them here in 4 days.
He was very pleased with the quality and said they needed only minor prep work.

I hope anyone else that orders from them has the same positive experience.

8)
bukweet

ms350

Daily Driver
Jul 2, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
Anyone have experience with reproduction header panels? I have had some bad experience with reproduction parts and I need a header panel but they are so fragile it seems that the used ones all seem to have a crack or broken part- like mine.

Ribbedroof

Top Fueler
Sep 14, 2004
Rural Oklahoma
ms350 said:
Anyone have experience with reproduction header panels? I have had some bad experience with reproduction parts and I need a header panel but they are so fragile it seems that the used ones all seem to have a crack or broken part- like mine.

Not specifically with the ones for our cars, but I have had the (mis)fortune of dealing with them on customer cars (collision shop).

If you just need something there, they're not bad, but they are not as "clean" as the OEM pieces, and typically the bracketry is considerably lighter than the OE stuff. They also often arrive damaged.

IMO, keep shopping for a good used OEM piece. They seem to turn up in the classifieds pretty regularly here on the site.

G MAN

Weekend Racer
Aug 22, 2012
Pasadeana Maryland
Never had much luck with A/M parts always went OEM or used. Keystone industries bought goodmark witch is owned by LKQ inc. I have a good supply of OEM hardware that I haved saved for many years.

Doc

RAREBMX

Daily Driver
Oct 19, 2015
Going to use this info. I was hoping that the El Camino rockers were the same as the wagons

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!