S10 Brake Upgrade - Documented

malibu795

Pro Stocker
Apr 17, 2005
spgfd ohio
axisg said:
mine was a little expensive. I had one noisy bearing but decided to replace both for peace of mind. Upper ball joints and springs were replaced the summer previous.

$ 150.00 spindles used
$ 600.00 for 2 GM bearings
$ 120.00 for GM rotors and pads
$ 20.00 for 2 new flex lines
$ 20.00 paint and brake fluid
$ 120.00 2 new MOOG lower ball joints ( again for peace of mind )
for that much shpuld have gotten bears diy 11" conversion with 4 piston calibers

Chief11885

Amateur Racer
Jun 17, 2006
Kansas
i was wondering how much lower did ur car go after the swap. I changed mine out but didnt think to measure the before swap. Or did it equal out to be the same with the drop spindles.

mean78malibu

Dragway Regular
Mar 15, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA and Philly Area
Chief11885 said:
i was wondering how much lower did ur car go after the swap. I changed mine out but didnt think to measure the before swap. Or did it equal out to be the same with the drop spindles.

Mine was higher after the swap than it was with drop spindles. That was the main reason I did this swap, because I wanted to go back to standard height spindles, so I decided to do this swap instead of buying stock spindles. It should be the same height as factory spindles, but I'm not positive. I have coil overs in the front so everything is adjustable.

80malibucoup

Frequent Racer
Feb 8, 2011
Jonesboro,Ga
Thanks you for this post. I was looking for an upgrade for my front brake's and the Baer and Wilwood op did cross my mind,but I do like the fact that in a pinch I can go to any auto part store and parts. Just in case your out somewhere and the "sh!! happens" kicks in. I can go and get a caliper or hardware kit and be back on the road the same day.

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
Only downside is the bearings are ridiculously expensive.

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
Well ain't that dandy! ;) Where is the highest margin on parts? I know it varied a lot when I was working at Best Buy, but good discounts could be had on most electronics except video games, computers and consoles. Most home theater, computer accessories and car electronics were all pretty good margin items.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!