don't let that stuff set in your carb!

westexun

Frequent Racer
Dec 27, 2008
Are you guys having issues with the gelling running the M-2 by chance? I always heard the top lube that VP puts in that stuff is crap. Everyone around here swears by the Klotz. I know that dominator had fuel in it that was full of the Klotz and it didn't gel up over the winter. I heard about the stuff from an engine builder that was having carbs done by an old circle track racer who has been building alky carbs for about thirty years. They like the Kl-100 that has the castor bean oil in it, but the rep told me the Uplon burns a little cleaner, that's what we've been using.

racecar77

Pro Stocker
Aug 11, 2007
Crete,IL
My manifold also frosts when you first start the car. Yes, it is VP M-2 that I was running. Also, in my previous post I spelled "nectar" incorrectly. I'm weird about that, I am particular about my spelling. :D

Night Stalker

Dragway Regular
Nov 3, 2009
Genoa,Oh
westexun said:
Are you guys having issues with the gelling running the M-2 by chance? I always heard the top lube that VP puts in that stuff is crap. Everyone around here swears by the Klotz. I know that dominator had fuel in it that was full of the Klotz and it didn't gel up over the winter. I heard about the stuff from an engine builder that was having carbs done by an old circle track racer who has been building alky carbs for about thirty years. They like the Kl-100 that has the castor bean oil in it, but the rep told me the Uplon burns a little cleaner, that's what we've been using.

Doesn't matter what upper lube it is,, it all will gel at some point..Klotz is no different, as most teams for the World of Outlaw Sprints,ASCS,All-Stars would run Klotz not all but some did,, i would remember seeing these guys having to blow the stack injection and down nozzles out after a heat or main race as the fuel would cause the intakes or around the head where the down nozzles went in frost over and start to gel up bad!!
I remember talking with Karl Kinsler and Earl Gearte about this one evening at Eldora and it was cause from the amount of alcohol being used or burned and flowing threw the nozzles or down the injection mainfolds that would do this..

Anyone who has or is running alcohol will know this,,, as what happens or how long can you hold your hand in an open container of race alky.??? If no one has tried it,,pretty fun game to bet your buddies with to see who will last the longest.. :mrgreen:

Malibu355

Pro Stocker
Feb 21, 2009
La Marque, Texas
the gelling happened with VP's M2 and the grape smelling crap from jegs. my manifold runners and carb base plate dont frost but are wet and cold to the touch after a pass and while warming up. so it may be frosted during a pass i dunno.

Hitman

Dragway Regular
Oct 15, 2004
OKC
I run Klotz Uplon, and have never had any issues, and I NEVER drain anything. Pulled my car in the garage in October, didn't touch it until March and started it up and went and raced. My brothers car sat for over a year once...started up like a new cadillac.

I've had years where I've went through 400 gallons of alky, never drained, never run a filter. Maybe i'm just livin' right.

Night Stalker

Dragway Regular
Nov 3, 2009
Genoa,Oh
Hitman said:
I run Klotz Uplon, and have never had any issues, and I NEVER drain anything. Pulled my car in the garage in October, didn't touch it until March and started it up and went and raced. My brothers car sat for over a year once...started up like a new cadillac.

I've had years where I've went through 400 gallons of alky, never drained, never run a filter. Maybe i'm just livin' right.

Just very smart.. ;)

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!