My methenol swap progress (Videos inside page 3)

Night Stalker

Dragway Regular
Nov 3, 2009
Genoa,Oh
Re: My methenol swap progress

Malibu355 said:
yep, mine "smokes" out of the breathers as well when warmed up. it will get figured out. some parts are on their way now from the builder. might have this fixed by the middle of next week i hope.

A good sealed motor won't vent as you and Lee described.. It is true "IF" the carb is running alittle rich on idle OR after a pass.. I also recommend highly to anyone running alcohol that after every nites running getting the engine temp up to around 200-210 and then shut down and let the motor heat soak,, and then pull the breather caps off.. this will insure that if any moisture is in the motor the heat will get rid of it.. 8)

My suggestion malibu355 is when you gwet this carb figured out, i would get the motor up and running and heat it up to 210-220 for about 4 minutes with the lean out closed. This will help the motor or rings cut into the glazing on the cylinder walls and help seal up alittle better.. ;)

Malibu355

Pro Stocker
Feb 21, 2009
La Marque, Texas
Re: My methenol swap progress

haha, i wouldnt be suprised if this thing is wore out. this will be my third season racing it and who knows how long it was run or anything before i bought the car. I will heat it up though as a buddy i race with took your advice on that to help seal his motor and it worked like a charm. this winter the motor is coming out to get freshened up and maybe some new slugs. knock on wood i have ran about 25 gallons through this thing and so far no signs or alcohol or water in the oil yet [-o< so its not like i will have to change the oil often.

These are from last friday night, please excuse the camera man, he is fired lmao

78purplebu

Amateur Racer
Nov 22, 2010
lewes, delaware
better get left tailight workin before the MAN sees it LOL!!!! [-X

Malibu355

Pro Stocker
Feb 21, 2009
La Marque, Texas
Should have some updates for yall this week. Parts are coming in tomorrow. Now with work and all I will see how quickly I can change some of the stuff and get it fired up. With the new hours of daylight that should help.

Malibu355

Pro Stocker
Feb 21, 2009
La Marque, Texas
Ok, got the parts and installed the 55 squirters. didnt seem to help much. installed the 40 idle air bleeds with the 55 squirters and that seemed to do the trick. i will take it out this weekend to the track and see whats up. Weather permitting anyway. [-o< Got the temp to 210* W/O the leanout valve for 4 minutes and let it heat soak.

racecar77

Pro Stocker
Aug 11, 2007
Crete,IL
Things are looking better. That's good. Mine is too fat, I guess. I can't get it anywhere near 210*. Lee

Night Stalker

Dragway Regular
Nov 3, 2009
Genoa,Oh
Malibu355 said:
Got the temp to 210* W/O the leanout valve for 4 minutes and let it heat soak.

ITS TOO LEAN ON IDLE!!!! there's NO WAY an alcohol carb should built heat like that with out a lean out valve being opened..double check the mixture screws now,,start them at 1 3/4- 2 turns out from full close.

Malibu355

Pro Stocker
Feb 21, 2009
La Marque, Texas
Really? Why did you tell me to do it?
My suggestion malibu355 is when you gwet this carb figured out, i would get the motor up and running and heat it up to 210-220 for about 4 minutes with the lean out closed. This will help the motor or rings cut into the glazing on the cylinder walls and help seal up alittle better..

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!