"Blitz Black" Info Link

bukweet

Top Fueler
Mar 22, 2005
Mississippi Gulf Coast
$100 bucks and it's paint,not primer. 8)

bukweet

79lowrider

Daily Driver
Oct 1, 2010
Is Blitz Black a good paint? I know as the old saying goes you get what you pay for? Looking at pics online it does look very enticing to try out! The only concern I saw that people seem to have is fading/chalky and I also heard it a pain to remove. Can anyone verify or disprove this?

prostreet66

Dragway Regular
Oct 18, 2008
waterloo iowa
i used it, layed down nice i like it

Longroof79

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 10, 2004
Gainesville, Fla.
I know this is an old post, but I'd like to add some more information to it. The John Deere Blitz Black is actually a Valspar product. You can find it at any Tractor Supply. I've used it on some parts of my car. I also recommend using the hardener.

http://www.tractorsupply.com/valspar-tractor-amp-implement-high-gloss-enamel-low-gloss-black-1-gal--3449025

http://www.tractorsupply.com/valspar-enamel-hardner-8-fl-oz--3449669

The paint can also be purchased in quart size. There is also a more expensive paint and hardener. I think it might be a urethane base.

Hope this information is helpful.

psychomotors

Dragway Regular
Mar 31, 2011
Bonne Terre, Mo
We have a Tractor Supply locally but we also have a Family Center which is practically the same. They carry a line of paints called Van Sickle which is farm and implement paint. I am partial to their "white" primer and have used it for the last 20 or so years. I haven't had any "bleed through" issues with rust and this stuff is tough. They have all your tractor colors like Allis-Chalmer orange( which looks like Hugger orange) John Deere green and yellow and all the other colors as well as gloss, semi-flat and flat black. I highly recommend checking them out if you don't have a Tractor Supply or John Deere dealer around. One other thing- I just painted my boat trailer with the Rustoleum black paint because thats what my dad bought and other than it taking a couple days to dry, it turned out nice. To the guy that says to use "gas " as thinner- not a good idea. 1-Highly flammable and 2 - my Bu belonged to my grandma before she passed and she had it painted by a guy that used gas for a thinner. NO amount of wax will make it shine after a couple years. It always has a hazy look to it no matter what you put on it.

clemsparks

Daily Driver
Aug 28, 2010
Columbia MO
I'm also curious what it's like to live with flat paint. It's easy to find lots of photos and opinions on "just-sprayed" flat paint jobs. But how is it to wash and does it keep looking ok as time passes?

About the best response we could get is for the OP and others in this thread who have posted photos to give us updated photos and tell us what your BTDT experience is!

Thanks,
Clem

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!