• Edelbrock Torker II

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters

El Coolmino

Top Fueler
May 11, 2005
DSM IA under a green truck
Use the torker II, performers are tiny.

My personal opinion without the restrictions of using what you got.....performer is a waste of money, if you need one then you actually need a performer RPM.

You ought to consider the bigger carbs too. 600 is tiny, especially if the heads will outflow vortecs.

patmckinneyracing

Weekend Racer
Feb 5, 2010
From what I've read, the 600 gives better throttle response with a bit of a lack on top end.

The car will see primarily highway driving since I have to take the highway to get anywhere around here, with some track and autocross.

bowtie81

Mar 28, 2008
sarnia, ontario canada
patmckinneyracing said:
From what I've read, the 600 gives better throttle response with a bit of a lack on top end.

The car will see primarily highway driving since I have to take the highway to get anywhere around here, with some track and autocross.
I had a 600 holeey before and it had great throttle respeonse but nothing top end it was running out of gas, the whole setup was too lean. You will need a bigger carb.

Damon

Pro Stocker
Feb 7, 2005
Philly Area
The Torker II is a dog. The base model Performer will whip it's *ss anywhere below about 5500-6000, which is about all that Summit K1103 house brand cam is going to want to make power in anyway.

The real "secret weapon" WITH YOUR CURRENT CAM would be a Performer EPS or equivalient Weiand Street Warrior intake. Those intakes will beat your old school base-model Performer intake in the lower RPMs while giving up NOTHING to it anywhere above that. Either one will whip the pathetic Torker II EVERYWHERE in the sub-6000 RPM range.

If you upgrade to a hotter cam like that Voodoo you posted I would step up to a Performer RPM or new-design Weiand Steath intake. Don't bother with either of the intakes you posted about. If you MUST choose between the two I would STILL choose the Performer. What it gives up at the extreme top end (if anything) will be more than offset by it's greater mid range torque.

The Troker II is just a really old-school, really bad intake. It gives up low RPM torque without picking up any high RPM HP in return. Modern computer designed dual-plane intakes like the Performer RPM will whip it's *ss everywhere in the RPM range.

patmckinneyracing

Weekend Racer
Feb 5, 2010
Would you suggest the carter competition 750 or the barry grant 750. If the demon 750 is like an 850 holley, than my barry grant should act the same way.

I'm using the voodoo cam now, but the summit k1103 cam was an excellent cam the 5 years I used it and couldn't have been happier with it.

monte ss496

Dragway Regular
May 23, 2010
western mass
torker 2 definately!!!!

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
I vote dual plane and stick with the 1406. I have a 1405 (same, w/o electric choke), Vortecs/GMPP Vortec intake and Comp XE268 which is very close to that Lunati cam, it runs great on the street, and pulls all the way to 5500, haven't passed that. If you're planning on using lockup, the 600cfm will also aid a little in gas mileage.

Without going into too much detail, calculated CFM requirements for a 350 at 6,000rpm at 85% VE you only need about 515cfm.

Give it a shot:
http://www.4secondsflat.com/Carb_CFM_Calculator.html

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
You're giving away more bottom end with the Torker II than top end with the Performer. For your intended use I'd say go with the Performer. It's decades newer in design...

Tommy

monte ss496

Dragway Regular
May 23, 2010
western mass
sorry tommy sometimes i get too much into the drag race stuff!!

red barn

Frequent Racer
Mar 5, 2007
Syracuse, NY
Of the two, I would go with the performer. The upper rpm loss of the performer will be more tolerable than the low end disfunction of the torker

If it is mostly a street car, I would stick with a cheap and simple 600 vacuum secondary holley. They are like $250 new out of summit and calibrated for a mild 350 from the factory. While a 650 or 750 would probably help at the track, it may not be worth it

FWIW, my father runs a mild 350 (350-360HP) in his malibu wagon. He cruises it all week and runs two classes every sunday at the track. Car has a mild cam (280/282 adv 480/490 lift). He runs a 600 holley vacuum secondary and goes 12.50's in good air, but hangs out in the low 12.70's high 12.60's in the mid summer heat.

Doober pointed out a good calculator. I use this one as well.
http://www.tciauto.com/Pages/418/calculators.aspx#13

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!