best converter

malibu101

Frequent Racer
May 22, 2003
Walnutport PA
I need to jump in here and ask this as I too am in the market for a higher than stock stall converter. I have a mild (depending on your standards) 350 with a TH-350 in my 79. It is always "on" the stock converter both at idle and when stepping in on the throttle. I DO need another higher converter.
Anyway, my questions to guys who have Rednecks-- I've heard all good about them here and other places. Did they work with you as for as a reccomendation based on your combo? Or did you buy "off the shelf"?
It appears like they only sell on eBay. How'd you buy?

87montess

Amateur Racer
Jul 10, 2007
PHILLY
i have a redneck converter love it

Malibu355

Pro Stocker
Feb 21, 2009
La Marque, Texas
malibu101 said:
I need to jump in here and ask this as I too am in the market for a higher than stock stall converter. I have a mild (depending on your standards) 350 with a TH-350 in my 79. It is always "on" the stock converter both at idle and when stepping in on the throttle. I DO need another higher converter.
Anyway, my questions to guys who have Rednecks-- I've heard all good about them here and other places. Did they work with you as for as a reccomendation based on your combo? Or did you buy "off the shelf"?
It appears like they only sell on eBay. How'd you buy?

I bought an off the shelf. They do make custom stall converters for $500 i believe. I bought mine off of ebay but they have a website with a phone number.

pldmalibumalibu

Amateur Racer
Oct 7, 2009
The 508
I have a Ultimate Converter Concepts converter in my Procharged Big Block 78 Malibu and use this car on the street /striip .I have had this converter in the car for almost 10 yrs now with no problems . Give lenny a call

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!