Wheel/Tire Suspension Update - 3/20/10

prostreet66

Dragway Regular
Oct 18, 2008
waterloo iowa
Re: Interior Update - 3/20/10

i think those wheels would look nice ive always liked them. i about got a wagon that had them on there awhile back

RatMalibu

Pro Stocker
May 21, 2003
Rolla, Mo.
www.fidnet.com

haha I know Phil......just giving you a hard time, I'll see about getting a pic tomorrow if the car is at home

walks away slowly wondering if he should go find a scotchbrite and cut down on some of the blingishness around here O:)

383S10

Frequent Racer
Feb 29, 2004
Huntsville, AL

Wow I just open discussions....now Tony can you just clarify that a little bit more.....I look at your signature pic I see a lot of shiny wheel there....it looks like chrome but could a very nice high polished wheel....true your car does not have a lot of chrome besides bumper & trim pieces.....I think the Father & Son car falls along the same lines.....but I would love the Iroc wheels a little more if the manufacture broke up that spoke by blacking out the recessed area in the center of the spoke......again I love discussions in forums.....

Tony_SS

MalibuRacing Junkie
Apr 21, 2004
Washington, MO
www.mac-ink.com

383S10 said:
Wow I just open discussions....now Tony can you just clarify that a little bit more.....I look at your signature pic I see a lot of shiny wheel there....it looks like chrome but could a very nice high polished wheel....true your car does not have a lot of chrome besides bumper & trim pieces.....I think the Father & Son car falls along the same lines.....but I would love the Iroc wheels a little more if the manufacture broke up that spoke by blacking out the recessed area in the center of the spoke......again I love discussions in forums.....

Mine are polished... I"m not crazy about them really, they are 17". Id rather run a powdercoated or satin finish. For Phils car I'd go polished over chrome. But as far as Irocs go, I like the factory 16" ones. You can still get good tire sizes for 16" wheels and fit bigger brakes as well. I might suggest the ZQ8's too. Thats what I ran on my old 78.

ccd.jpg

Brown_Gbody

Top Fueler
Feb 17, 2010
Milwaukee, WI

Yeah I like the ZQ8's from the Sonoma/S-10 line. I have the ZQ8 suspension on my Sonoma, and I thought about putting those rims on my 'Bu, but they are looking a little tired and there's a few dingers on the lips as well.

I do like the IROC wheels with the Satin trim on each spoke..

MalibuRacing

Top Fueler
May 5, 2003
www.maliburacing.com

My pick was 17" Polished Coys C-57's:

c57_polished.jpg

For some reason my son likes the Chrome IROC's. I hate to override him, since it is his car. I feel like I have better taste though.... :lol:

MalibuRacing

Top Fueler
May 5, 2003
www.maliburacing.com

Hmmm.... I do like the ZQ8's. What's a set of those running now? I need to look into them. :-k

Brown_Gbody

Top Fueler
Feb 17, 2010
Milwaukee, WI

Just found these on eBay.

I've seen them cheaper, but these are brandy new with all the fixins'..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-S-10-16-ZQ8-WHEELS-16-IN-S10-WHEEL-FREE-SHIPPING_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem563a61bb56QQitemZ370346670934QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!