lower control arm torque specs

grizwald

Top Fueler
Feb 21, 2008
Ontario, Canada
i'm puting my stock front lower control arms back in the car. for now, i left all the rubber bushings in them. i've heard that i can leave the bolts a little looser to all the arms to move a little more freely. is there a certain amount of torque i should tighten them to? all i've done is tighten them so the bushings are making contact with the frame and there is a slight bit of resistance when moving the arms up and down. if i let go of them at any postion, they'll stay there on their own, but are easy enought to move. i greased every part during assembly hoping to keep everything moving nicely.

fastheavychevy

Amateur Racer
Nov 30, 2009
I did mine years back went with new bushings and I just tightened them with two large wrenches as tight as a could I didnt want the bolts to come loose on the road throughout the years and my car goes plowing into a wall or a car I would think it would not be a good idea to leave them loose even if its just a little rmr. how tight they were when you took them off put them back that way mine were very tight I have not had any problems since then except about 2 monthd ago I was doing the shocks and I check the bolts again and 1 was a little loose and after i tightened it the little popping sound I had went away I had a feeling it was that even before I checked them I hope this helps
grizwald said:
i'm puting my stock front lower control arms back in the car. for now, i left all the rubber bushings in them. i've heard that i can leave the bolts a little looser to all the arms to move a little more freely. is there a certain amount of torque i should tighten them to? all i've done is tighten them so the bushings are making contact with the frame and there is a slight bit of resistance when moving the arms up and down. if i let go of them at any postion, they'll stay there on their own, but are easy enought to move. i greased every part during assembly hoping to keep everything moving nicely.

fastheavychevy

Amateur Racer
Nov 30, 2009
one was just a little bit looser than the rest not loose like gonna come off but i was able to turn it a hair more thats what I meant
grizwald said:
yours were loose? those bolts have lock nuts on them. they shouldn't loosen off on their own.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!