turbo el camino vid

malibu795

Pro Stocker
Apr 17, 2005
spgfd ohio
buschmec said:
if you have the cash for the s400 buy it!!!
X2!!!!!!!!!!!

options are endless.. form 64mm to 91mm over 700-1200hp style setups..

s400 is alike a SBC of turbos for aftermarket mods...;)

buschmec

Amateur Racer
Jul 7, 2003
panama city florida
wg is ebay (wynton n) is the name on top. stainless base, nice steel sleeve for the valve stem to ride in and orange bladder. set at 9psi (checked with homemade pressure setup) bov is a turbosmart piece but if I had to buy one, after seeing the work inside the wg I'd buy a wynton...... saw 5psi on the gauge when I glanced at it but tell-tell swt saw 9 before I lifted. still only part throttle

455_82malibu

Pro Stocker
May 19, 2006
WISCONSIN
im looking to run 6-8 psi on my 6.0, was going to do the mpt70, thats $600, if this will do the trick what the hell. hows the turbo seem to be built? hows it spool on the brake?.

siege

Amateur Racer
Oct 6, 2009
I love cheap turbo builds did that price include all the piping to or was it just the turbo waste gate and blow off valve

buschmec

Amateur Racer
Jul 7, 2003
panama city florida
that is for the turbo, wg, bov(2nd hand), piping, clamps, and tubing. all the piping is left over diesel exaust and a chevy truck y pipe(t-409 stainless). downpipe is made from f350 factory downpipe. v band clamp from ebay $10 shipped, even the coupler on the intake pipe is factory ford intercooler connector. hat was used and cheap as hell too. I shopped around alot for my "bang for the buck build" to make it as cheap as possible. did all of the fab myself......

buschmec

Amateur Racer
Jul 7, 2003
panama city florida
sorry, $750 bucks in the whole thing. turbo is really nice piece for an ebay turbo. machining inside is as good as a garret( but not as nice trim wise)

455_82malibu

Pro Stocker
May 19, 2006
WISCONSIN
i may try this one, if I dont like it then Ill just use it as a trial and error for now. if I like the turbo (instead of NOS) I can always upgrade. the ebay t70's are really cheap but I heard some are glued togther

buschmec

Amateur Racer
Jul 7, 2003
panama city florida
yeah the t70's are a toss up for quality. this is a decent piece. we made it to get the ball rolling toward a competitive piece later on. everything will go right on the next build. pt88 w t4 housing. dart block, bryant crank, carillo rods and arias dish tops. everything but the pistons are on the shelf waiting for the 327 to puke. dang thing won't die!!!. we've shot no2 (350 pills), a 142 b&m blower with 12 psi, a procharger(small) even reved it to 8000 once on a broken d.s. nothing.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!