Valspar paint any good?

79smokedbu

Daily Driver
Oct 2, 2009
Detroit Michigan
I just painted my garage door with Valspar. I had no idea they had Automotive lines of paint. I have always had my best luck with PPG products. Mainly base coat clear coat system. Sometimes I may single stage the firewall. Very intersting stuff...?

TRENCHER

Frequent Racer
I had a opinion of their paint, I think it's fine for garage doors and lawn furniture...I used to have to use it at the Peterbilt dealer I used to work at...I mostly used Dupont there, though. I think it's fine if you are doing a complete, but what you run into later is color match problems when trying to match an existing finish plus the colors always looked "milky" to me as the true hue of the color never stood out...i'm pretty picky though....but let me tell you one thiing for sure, unless you waited a long time (30-60 days) before buffing, you should not have waxed it! It takes 17 days at 70 degrees for paint to dry through and the solvents to evaporate....by waxing it you will trap the solvents and not allow the paint to dry properly and could very well make your paint lose its gloss, but if you didn't use urethane you're probably gonna have to wax the snot out of it anyway just to keep it shiny....

gbodystuff

Amateur Racer
Mar 30, 2009
Iowa
Yep-gotta let the paint cure for at least 60 days before waxing. John Deere AG stuff is also Valspar paint. I cut my teeth on 3M supplies and PPG paint-I just stick to what I know and use-I'm sure other brands are just as good as long as you follow their recommendations.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!