Ford 8.8 swap into G-body

KEVINS

Amateur Racer
78gp said:
Quick question are we going to be able to hook up the antiswaybars to these arms you are building or are we going to have to have something spcecial? :-k I would like to reuse my sway bar if possible. :D

Good question. No sway bar mounts on these arms. My intention was for this kit to be use more for racing than street use b/c it will use rod ends to compensate for the different lateral angles. I am designing an UCA that will have a poly bushing on the chassis side tho for those street/strip applications.

Kevin

Update:
I test fitted the protoype parts tonight and they didn't fit as nice as I had hoped. They don't need much modifying but I have to talk to the company that made them and have them make changes.

KEVINS

Amateur Racer
Here is a sneak peak of what's been done so far and obvioulsy not all the parts are shown in the pictures (ie bushings, control arms, etc). These pics are only showing how the bucket fits in the frame. New control arm parts and bushings are still being designed and prototyped and I should have samples next week. Once everything is developed it will all be sent out for zinc plating.

This new design is being made as a complete Bolt-In to fit all G-Body cars and kits are being designed to fit a variety of rearends.

New Kits are being designed for:
Grand National 10-bolt rearend
G-body with A-body 12-bolt rearend
G-Body with Ford Mustang 8.8 rearend
G-body with Ford 9" rearend

Kevin

Attachments

• bucket1.JPG
    bucket1.JPG
    46.9 KB · Views: 1,488
  • bucket2.JPG
    bucket2.JPG
    57 KB · Views: 1,471

Norm Peterson

Amateur Racer
Oct 18, 2003
state of confusion
I'm assuming that the pictures are of the passenger side upper. Will there be a sleeve over the bolt shown? Can (should?) the kit optionally be welded in?

Norm

KEVINS

Amateur Racer
Norm Peterson said:
I'm assuming that the pictures are of the passenger side upper. Will there be a sleeve over the bolt shown? Can (should?) the kit optionally be welded in?

Norm
Yes, the passenger side is shown. Yes, a spacer will be used where the bolt is and the bucket can be welded to the torque box but not needed. A hole will need to be drilled from the bottom of the torque box into the bucket so the bucket is bolted down real good so there will be two bolts holding the bucket to the frame.

ks

James Bond

Dragway Regular
Dec 26, 2005
Earth
that bracket is a good idea. i wanted to lower the front side of my uca but the increment was such that the new hole would overlap the original. I don't know which rear that is for, 8.8? but if you make that for the 8.5 gn rear i would suggest having the new holes start nearly in line with the original. maybe just offset 1/2 hole dia. at least that would work for me :)

KEVINS

Amateur Racer
James Bond said:
that bracket is a good idea. i wanted to lower the front side of my uca but the increment was such that the new hole would overlap the original. I don't know which rear that is for, 8.8? but if you make that for the 8.5 gn rear i would suggest having the new holes start nearly in line with the original. maybe just offset 1/2 hole dia. at least that would work for me :)
Exactly! These are also being made now and each set of brackets will come with several mounting holes to fine tune the IC position depending on the cars ride height.

KS

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!