manual brake conversion

Malibu 361

Dragway Regular
Jan 11, 2007
Queens,NY
what company what ?

BENCHSEATRACIN

Frequent Racer
This reply is for which brake line is which.........

On my Monte Carlo,I followed the brake lines down to the factory porportioning block on the frame.Looks like the thin brake lines feed the front disc brakes & the thick brake lines feed the rear brakes.I ran the front brake line (thin line) to the rear hole on the master cylinder (hole closest to the firewall),then on the front hole I ran the thick line out of it,but I had to buy an adapter,the factory brake line was too big to bolt directly in.I got my adapter at the Kunkels Auto Parts here in town.Hope this helps.Just be sure you give the brake peddle the proper free-play..I had mine too tight & wore half of the brake pads off in 2 days!No wonder my brakes were hard to push,they were halfway applied before I applied them..LOL!..not to mention the front wheels were too hot to touch..LOL!Live & learn.I like my kit,but it needs better directions & tips..just my .02 cents.Got mine from Travis at http://www.dragracebrakes.com/
For more information, e-mail them at [email protected] or call at (816) 536-3216

...Mark

328195080_Y7nmH-L.jpg

328196453_dTak9-L.jpg

onefastermonte85

Pro Stocker
Jun 23, 2005
erie,pa
i just ordered the manual brake kit today. My front brake lines are good and reuseable, my rear brakes from the master was broken (taking it off the master). i'll remake that line and bleed the system hoping everything works.

mc1984ss

Frequent Racer
Apr 19, 2004
Wisconsin
Hey benchseatracin I have a question for you. What type of brakes do you have on your car? Disk and drum or disk and disk? Are you using the master that came from sragracebrakes/ steel concepts? Did you need to move the rod on the pedal? Thanks in advance! I appreciate any help

BENCHSEATRACIN

Frequent Racer
Hello mc1984ss! Yes I have the wilwood master cylinder.I got it from Travis with the complete kit.I have the factory discs up front & drums on the rear.
I had to drill the brake peddle too to get the proper alignment for the push rod.It's not hard to get it out of the car.There's a spring clip on one end of the rod that lets your peddle pivot.Slip it off & your peddle should slip out of the pivot hole it's in up under your dash.There's a hole in your brake peddle,and a stud sticking out that your factory pushrod hung on.Drill a hole in the middle off those 2 points & that should work.
328195349_AJUNt-L.jpg

328195496_uB9iP-L.jpg

328194824_R2685-L.jpg

onefastermonte85

Pro Stocker
Jun 23, 2005
erie,pa
I recently put the kit on my car, and drilled it. Everything is good, hopefully this place thaws out so i can test them.

tyster89

Dragway Regular
Apr 11, 2008
North of ST Louis MO 30 miles
What about the rear brakes with the kit. Do you HAVE to use a 10 psi valve or adjustable valve?

Thanks,
Ty

attngtr

Frequent Racer
Sep 20, 2007
Eastern Iowa
So is the kit $245 + shipping? Are there nuts that go on the back side of firewall when you put the aluminum bracket on? Does it come with the bolt for the pushrod and what size do you drill the hole? Do you hook up the brake lines just like the factory as in front line goes to rear brakes and rear line goes to front?
Thanks

onefastermonte85

Pro Stocker
Jun 23, 2005
erie,pa
I have the manual master, wilwood front brakes, drum rear, bought a adjustable prop valve, the lines are all bleed, everything seems fine until i drove it.
The pedal is firm, not squishy, The car stopped like a tank. I dont know if brake fluid got on the front rotors and pads from when i was bleeding them.
I attempted to adjust the pressure on the prop valve to see if the back would lock up, but nothing happend. no matter what i did it didn't change anything.

I'm stumped.

BENCHSEATRACIN

Frequent Racer
I'm having the same trouble.My car has a very firm peddle like a power brake car with the motor not running,and it doesn't stop for crap!Notsure whats up with that! :-k

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!