showman

Weekend Racer
Dec 6, 2008
Manitoba Canada
I USE PENZOLL 25-50 RACING OIL NOT THE SAME AS REG 20-50

Pennzoil® Racing Motor Oil

Available Grades include:
SAE 50, SAE 60, 25W-50
Pennzoil® Racing Oil is designed for the lubrication of high-performance competition engines. It is fortified with superior additives and oils which resist breakdown under the high loads, temperatures and speeds experienced by fast-revving engines.

Benefits:
Pennzoil® Racing Motor Oil offers maximum protection for competition engines. Available in three viscosity grades, it is recommended for supercharged, turbocharged and naturally aspirated engines that use racing gasoline or other exotic fuels (including methanol or nitromethane).

Compounded especially for racing engines.
Maximizes obtainable horsepower.
Can be used with a variety of competition fuels.
Suitable for use in most competition engines.
SAE 25W-50 provides outstanding low-temperature service when a proper low-RPM warm-up period is not possible.

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
mean78malibu said:
I like the Brad Penn oil also, the green stuff, and I can find it since I am in PA. My engine builder tested it against the Joe Gibbs "Driven" oil in dirt track motors to find out that the Brad Penn oil made 4 less HP, but showed significantly less wear on tear down.

I can't comment on his dirt engine findings (which blend did he use?) but for flat tappets or weekend cars that see a lot of storage, the Joe Gibbs "Hot Rod" blend's great.
We used to use the Valvoline race oil. When you have 20 qts in your dry sump,& you're on a tight budget, you think about things like how much the Royal Purple costs to get 3 more horsepower when you're just gonna dump it at the end of the weekend.

Tommy

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!