MalibuRacing Junkie
May 22, 2003
Memphis,TN
kendal 20/50 is my fav when I can find it

Jordan81

Pro Stocker
Feb 10, 2004
wichita, ks
that rotella sh*t kicks *ss, thats what i use is my street cars. who makes that green stuff. i know it the same company that makes kendall...

10secBu

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 21, 2003
Westminster, MD
There is no best "brand" as everyone has their favorite as you can see here by the posts.

The current Kendall is not the old "green" Kendall. Kendall was sold years ago and the recipie changed. The old "green" oil is still available and is produced by Brad Penn based out of Pennsylvania. Very good oil.

Joe Gibb's "Driven" oil is shown to make HP compared to others, but is on the pricey side.

Lots of choices out there, I tend to like the Brad Penn stuff myself.

My engine parts suppliers for the 582 (Sunset Racecraft) recommends Joe Gibb's BR Break in oil to break the engine in, then use Penzoil HD30 for 30 passes, then any conventional or Synthetic after that. They find the Joe Gibb's break in oil shortens the ring breakin time on the dyno by several pulls. Again, BR is not cheap, but excellent protection/insurance on an expensive new engine during the critical breakin period.

holtjohn

Frequent Racer
Oct 15, 2008
It looks like k9's sig picture he forgot to put air in his tires. I run rotella T in my flat tappet motors and Moble 1 or Royal purple in my roller motor.

79Lemans

Frequent Racer
Jan 22, 2008
Mass
I run Royal-Purple 5w30 and a bottle of STP-additive with a Napa Gold filter.

mean78malibu

Dragway Regular
Mar 15, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA and Philly Area
I like the Brad Penn oil also, the green stuff, and I can find it since I am in PA. My engine builder tested it against the Joe Gibbs "Driven" oil in dirt track motors to find out that the Brad Penn oil made 4 less HP, but showed significantly less wear on tear down.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!