Parts cleaning, Sensor adapters, gauge cluster - 11-28-08

Mr. MaliBlu

Dragway Regular
Nov 3, 2004
Northeast CT
Re: Small update - 11-28-08

MalibuRacing said:
I don't want to use them on my son's daily driver, so I will probably sell them to help finish the project.

Hey Phil, what are you asking for the headers? My son is doing the Monte with a 6.0L LQ4 (monte83 on here). He's not quite ready for the headers, but depending on the price, we might think about it.

Mr. MaliBlu

Dragway Regular
Nov 3, 2004
Northeast CT

MalibuRacing said:
Sold 'em last night..... Sorry.

My life story... a day late and a dollar short. Oh well!?

Jordan81

Pro Stocker
Feb 10, 2004
wichita, ks

hell yeah manifolds can make power.... they have been 7.60's with them. of course that was with a huge *ss turbo, but oh well.... dude what kinda camera phone is that? those pics look damn good for being off a phone!

MalibuRacing

Top Fueler
May 5, 2003
www.maliburacing.com

It an LG Voyager. It takes pretty decent pictures.

A

Anonymous

Any new updates? I want to see this thing running! Have been following it for a while now.

MalibuRacing

Top Fueler
May 5, 2003
www.maliburacing.com

Not much to report. I have some pictures, but I don't have them with me now (at work).

I've partially installed the A/C bracket. I've removed a lot of interior trim pieces, removed headliner and removed dash.

I am going to dye the interior parts black that are worth keeping. The headliner, since it was just re-done a few years ago and the the dash.

I'm going to try to get a lot done this week. Then only thing keeping me from firing up the motor is finishing the A/C bracket and installing the remote oil filter.

78mali350

Amateur Racer
Nov 12, 2008
Helena, AR

would you mind posting some pics of the dying process? i am debating tackling this on my malibu and would like to see how it is done and turns out

winditup57

Dragway Regular
Jun 6, 2006
Davenport, IA

I didnt realize you could dye a dash, or are you painting it? I have a dash I need to make black also, so I am interested in this and how it works.

StreetBu

MalibuRacing Junkie
Mar 21, 2004
Upstate NY

I dyed my dash, got it out of a Monte, was dark blue, dyed it medium gray to match the rest of my interior. Use SEM dye from an auto paint store. Works great, BUT you MUST have the dash VERY clean. The Armor All wont let the dye penetrate and you get fish eye's otherwise. You can even cut the dash afterwards and it's not paint, the whole thing becomes the color you dyed it. HTH

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!