manual brake conversion

monte87LS

Weekend Racer
Jan 29, 2008
Marlton,NJ
alright tomorrow I'l be finishing up on my daily driver then its MonteCarlo time, does anybody have any pics of the manual brake kit installed, Im really just looking for some pics of the residual valve installed, I bought the 10LB residual valve from summit for $20, I have no clue how to hook this thing up!!!

monte87LS

Weekend Racer
Jan 29, 2008
Marlton,NJ
the more I read up on this swap the more confused I get!...I can run the 10LB residual valve for the rear brakes between the prop valve and the master cylinder?...if so that will make this alot easier for me considering Im doing this in my driveway

blue70chevelle

Daily Driver
Jan 11, 2007
long island
The actual question is, On a car with an all stock setup (front disc/rear drum) what pieces do you have to purchase after you get the dragracebrakes.com setup. What else is needed to make it work?

monte87LS

Weekend Racer
Jan 29, 2008
Marlton,NJ
and just to double check the rear brake's line that comes out of the master cylinder is the thinner line closer to the firewall right?

A

Anonymous

monte87LS said:
and just to double check the rear brake's line that comes out of the master cylinder is the thinner line closer to the firewall right?

No the rear brake line is the front line and is the bigger line of the two.

monte87LS

Weekend Racer
Jan 29, 2008
Marlton,NJ
are you possitive?...I read that the thicker front line goes to the front brakes, considering the front brakes do most of the work they use a bigger line, plus the Wilwood residual valve is only made for the thinner line, but I wouldnt be too suprised because Wilwood likes to do everything backwards, you think when Wilwood makes a kit for something they would have info on everything you need to do the swap, not just sell the kit and make you go to the forums to find out all the stuff they forgot to mention about there own kit, so how would i make the residual valve fit the thicker brake line

monte87LS

Weekend Racer
Jan 29, 2008
Marlton,NJ
ok now on MonteCarloSS.com somebody is telling me the bigger line is for the front brakes, and the smaller line is for the rear, the Wilwood residual valve only fits the smaller brake line too, so wich one is it, does anybody know for sure, I need to hear from somebody who is absolutly possitive, this is my brakes we are talking about, (and I would like to say this again Wilwood (who makes the manual brake kit) doesnt even know wich one is the rear brake line!!!...I want to drive my car!!! :x

monte87LS

Weekend Racer
Jan 29, 2008
Marlton,NJ
which brake line coming from the master cylinder is to the rear brakes, I need to make sure my Wilwood residual valve is on the rite line...does anybody in this world have any clue which brake line is for the rear brakes, the thin line or the thicker line???

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!