Total Frustration.....

TOMS78BU

MalibuRacing Junkie
Dec 13, 2007
gadsden, alabama
Ribbedroof said:
I'm sure I'll get :x for this, but there's NO WAY I'd cut the engine/suspension crossmember out on a street driven car. They fold up easily enough as it is if there's any kind of a side hit.

Nobody plans on having their car in a crash, but it does happen, moreso with younger/less experienced drivers. Not necessarily their fault, they just tend to be less aware of potential idiots running into them.

that is actually a pretty good point, i did not think of that. :-k

RatMalibu

Pro Stocker
May 21, 2003
Rolla, Mo.
www.fidnet.com
found a guy on a truck forum i go to selling a S&P pan for $390 shipped

its almost at the bottom of the add

http://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/showthread.php?t=414142

MalibuRacing

Top Fueler
May 5, 2003
www.maliburacing.com
Yeah, I don't want to cut the crossmember if at all possible. I'm sure I'll get it in, I just got frustrated and walked away before I started tearing things up trying to force something. I'll get this sucker in there!! [-o< :lol:

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
$264.95 Exchange, plus another $295 for a core charge (no charge if you send your pan). I don't see anything about which oil pan (looks like an F-Body if you look at the very front of it, the drainback area isn't as deep as a truck pan), I sent them an e-mail to find out though.

T5MalibuWagon

Dragway Regular
Sep 27, 2004
Fort Worthless TEXAS!
Ribbedroof said:
I'm sure I'll get :x for this, but there's NO WAY I'd cut the engine/suspension crossmember out on a street driven car. They fold up easily enough as it is if there's any kind of a side hit.

Nobody plans on having their car in a crash, but it does happen, moreso with younger/less experienced drivers. Not necessarily their fault, they just tend to be less aware of potential idiots running into them.

Yah Im with ya on this one, I just dont see a piece of pipe being as strong as the stock unit. I dont want to hit a pot hole and have half the front end go right and the other half go left, lol.

Roller406Bu

Frequent Racer
Sep 10, 2003
Elizabethtown Ky
You guys kill me, I posted what pan to use, posted pics of the thing and what mounts to use as well... I didn't cut a damn thing and had no problems....I wish I knew what worked then but I guessed and it shouldn't be an issue on here, I ordered 2 sets of headers trying to find some that worked as well....Been there done that guys come on now...

MalibuRacing

Top Fueler
May 5, 2003
www.maliburacing.com
I seriously thought about using the Moroso pan. I don't want to run a remote oil filter, though. I want mine to remain as "stock" as possible. Also, the CTS-V pan and pickup I am trying to use is about $150 cheaper than the Moroso pan (including the cost of a remote oil filter adapter setup for the Moroso pan).

I may end up going the Moroso pan route? :?

Tony_SS

MalibuRacing Junkie
Apr 21, 2004
Washington, MO
www.mac-ink.com
Been there... tried to save a buck and do something a different way. Never works out for me, because there always seems to be some unforseen issue that ends up wasting time and costing the same or more money that I didn't want to spend in the first place.. :?

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!