Wiper swap problem

unclepudge

Frequent Racer
Apr 17, 2006
CT
I am trying to convert my non delay on the dash to a delay with stalk, I went to autozone and bought the delay wiper model for my car and it will not fit the motor hits the brake booster?are the motor's different sizes,I thought that it was just the delay module added to the front of the motor? I tried to line them up in different angles and they look the same? just can't get it to bolt up,I threw the original away by accident so I cannot verify with that one at this time any help is appreciated.

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
IIRC, all you need is the correct switch, motor, module & stalk. If the motor doesn't clear the booster, you may need the dual diaphragm booster.

Tommy

unclepudge

Frequent Racer
Apr 17, 2006
CT
Hey tommy, thanks for the help ,man I can't get much dumber some days,I went out today and the motor fits fine I just had to turn it upside down it's been a while since I took it out and I was rushing to see it fit? I did try to hook it up and I'm not getting power I looked quick and didn't see any blown fuses but it's getting dark out so I'll have to check more tommorrow, I have the wiper motor that is supposed to have all the bells and whistles in it? and the stalk on the new tilt column I color coded three wires to match old and new and now have a white wire left? not sure if there is a relay in between or not some guys have said it does some say it's on the motor just connect the blue wire to the empty term on the motor? thanks again for your time.

unclepudge

Frequent Racer
Apr 17, 2006
CT
Ok it's in but not working yet,I traced the wiring and what I came up with is from the stalk down the column I get a purple,grey,green,pink, and white wire and from the factory wiring I get a purple,grey,pink and black wire with a seperate grey and black wire that fed the light to to the existing switch, I'm not very good with reading diagrams ,I'm assuming I color code the wires which would leave me with a green and white left over from the stalk and a black wire from the factory harness does anyone know if these wires go to a relay that I don't have to run the delay and or whole motor? on the motor there are 2 plugs (1) 3 wire and (1) 2 wire and there is one open where the 2 wire connector goes on a different angle, not sure what color wiregoes here? any help is greatly appreciated so I may drive the car again.

unclepudge

Frequent Racer
Apr 17, 2006
CT
Can anybody help need wipers to drive car,anybody got an older stlye dash mounted delay that you could tell me what color the wires are to it? or even what I 'm supposed to read for ohms/volts whatever out of each wire?

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
Lookiehere:

http://www.maliburacing.com/wiring_diagrams/DelayPulseWipep-Washer.jpg

Tommy

unclepudge

Frequent Racer
Apr 17, 2006
CT
Hey tommie thanks but those diagrams are for smart people,I've looked them over and still can't figure it out not sure if I'm missing a wire from the factory harness by going from non to delay and the chilton's looks a little different than this one? and I tried running a green jumper but I still have an extra white coming out of column and a black from switch?black is usually ground and white is power? gotta take care of the kids almost everynight after work doesn't give me much time to tinker? maybe this weekend plus it's supposed to get out of the 30's which will help.

unclepudge

Frequent Racer
Apr 17, 2006
CT
I got out to the car today and what I find is at the L shaped plug I have power to a yellow wire full time and at the 3 wire flat plug I have full power to a white wire, are these wires supposed to be juiced all the time or maybe I have a short?

unclepudge

Frequent Racer
Apr 17, 2006
CT
Does anyone know if I can verify that the stalk is working properly by checking volts or ohms I can't find any diagrams that show what I should be reading at each connector? if I take a test lamp and touch the terminals on the pump it will function but not through the stalk but I still am not sure where to run the white wire to ,the existing harness coming from dash switch didn't have a white wire in it?

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
As far as the stalk goes you would check for continuity, except for the delay part, I'm not sure how that works.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!