Father/Son '79 Malibu project has started! (Part 1)

Doug Keen

Pro Stocker
May 22, 2003
Central, Illinois
Very cool Phillip, you are one of the guys that prodded my interest in the quest for speed and quickness. Your youngster is a lucky young man, to have such a mentor. My boys are 7 and 10 and the talk has already begun about what we are going to do. It will be fun watching the updates of another build from you.

chilli

Dragway Regular
Jul 9, 2003
Indianapolis
Good to see you and your son enjoying a project together. Thanks again for your work on this site.

malibuguy

Top Fueler
Sep 29, 2003
Finksburg, Md
www.cardomain.com
very nice phillip

personally, i'd left the stock driveline in it until sometime after he gets his license...16 yr olds shouldn't not have 14, almost 13second cars to start out with...i'm glad i didn't, or i wouldn't still have my car

nothing against him or you at all, just friends at that age tend to provoke "pushing" the cars limits, i know my friends did, of course, i couldn't help but push the car too

i'm glad i started slow, made me respect what i have more now

Excelerater

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 22, 2003
Memphis,TN
glad to see your back in action with a malibu,sounds like fun

MalibuRacing

Top Fueler
May 5, 2003
www.maliburacing.com
malibuguy said:
very nice phillip

personally, i'd left the stock driveline in it until sometime after he gets his license...16 yr olds shouldn't not have 14, almost 13second cars to start out with...i'm glad i didn't, or i wouldn't still have my car

nothing against him or you at all, just friends at that age tend to provoke "pushing" the cars limits, i know my friends did, of course, i couldn't help but push the car too

i'm glad i started slow, made me respect what i have more now

That is my main concern. I was 16 once, and I was definitely a daredevil, so I'm fully aware of what I could be possibly facing. I'm hoping that since he has a big investment (labor) into the car, he'll take better care of it. At least think twice about doing something stupid. We'll just have to see how he does. With teenagers, it's always a crapshoot. You raise them the best you know how, but they have to spread their wings eventually. I'll just need to keep a close eye on him....

A

Anonymous

Hey Phil,

Been waiting to see how this turns out!

I have a 15 year old too, he wants a Camaro like the 67-69 only.

One of his buddies came over and said cool car on the Malibu (we just bought an 81 a few months back) so now once this car gets on the road i'm sure he will want to learn more abot it...LOL

Only problem is he doesn't have the patience needed to start spinning wrenches.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!