Tremec TKO 600

malihoochie

Dragway Regular
May 28, 2004
michigan(detroit area)
MD - My trans is standard, not altered in any way since Tremec built it. Because of this I dont think I need the hump you've added. Elcoolmino has a trans like mine and he says he only needed to convince the floorboard with a couple of well placed hammer blows. I wonder if the shifter stick I plan to use has more offset than yours, to place the knob in the same place after all is said and done. I have not kept up with my total cost to date, but I have spent wisely and have also taken advantage of the it's "who you know" option. I would guess I've got less than $2200 invested so far, I still need some odds & ends though. I will also need to get a driveshaft yet. You ask what I have yet to do - haha! mainly get off my a$$. As well as my trans drama I also have my heads off the car. They have been ported and hopefully will be done and assembled sometime soon. But because my heads are off - so is my supercharger, intake, headers, tubing to the intercooler, etc. :( I predict that I'll punk out 'til the end of January and then bust a$$ in February to have the car out in March. Up here in Michigan the winter is not as friendly as it is in NC. :p But the bad thing is that for the last few weeks it has actually been real mild - and I still have not done anything! :oops:
I am curiuos to find out what you did for connecting your speedo & reverse lights & if you have a neutral saftey switch. Also are you using a pedal stop for the clutch? I see that OPGI offers one (it could be made so easily) and am not sure if I really need it or not. :? . Keep your pics comming!

Meat Drapes

Dragway Regular
Mar 26, 2005
Stoutland, MO
I have not connected the speedo yet. Not sure if I was going to. I need a new one as mine has stuck odometer and causes the needle to bounce. It drives me insane... sounds like a turn signal is on all the time.
The reverse lights do not connect directly like Keisler said they would.
The neutral safety is factory wired and does not seem to deal with the transmission just the pedal.
My driveshaft is on a FED EX truck right now. I hope to GOD it comes on friday as I dont think they deliver on Sat and its a long weekend.
I could actually drive my car Friday.. I am unsure what to do with myself.
I have spent $3042. That is suppossed to be everything. Other then my own crossmember ( $30) , thats about it.

malihoochie

Dragway Regular
May 28, 2004
michigan(detroit area)
The neutral safety switch from your auto should not be a factor, I was thinking that you may not want to be able to start the car without the the clutch pedal pushed in. I was gonna use a leftover one from my B&M Pro Stick shifter. Did your x-member come in? Also I seem to have a clearance issue with my flasher relay getting hit by my clutch pedal "arm", above the foot pad. :?

Meat Drapes

Dragway Regular
Mar 26, 2005
Stoutland, MO
My car was a factory 4 speed. The neutral safety is already in place. I didnt know this untill after I got the transmission in and started it up.
No dice on the crossmember. Mine should be good untill it comes. I did get the drive shaft. The length is correct. I messed up the u-joint measurement. Now I am trying to figure that one out.

I did not know that New Bern even had a drag strip. I just go to Coastal Plains. It gets better and better every year. They even have a tri-oval now if your into that sort of thing.

El Coolmino

Top Fueler
May 11, 2005
DSM IA under a green truck
MD, your car is looking good.

You can see the difference in shifter location between the Keisler kit and the generic swap TKO in these pics.
Copyofpaintedcolumn.jpg

finisheddash2.jpg

Meat Drapes

Dragway Regular
Mar 26, 2005
Stoutland, MO
Elcoolmino,
can you tell me how you got your clutch pedal to be the same hieght/location as your brake pedal? My clutch pedal sticks out WAY TOO FAR. I want a nice clean look and not huge pedal travel. As it stands now my pedal travel is just plain insane. And if I adjust the linkage then the neutral safety is constantly on.

The carpet came today and this weekend I will begin the the interior and complete that. I also had to get a new crossover u-joint. I needed 1330 to 3R. Need to modify the power steering bracket because the headers now interfere. I am close to finishing. I have decided I have waited this long... now is the time to take the CORRECT steps and not blow something up. Nice and easy.

malihoochie

Dragway Regular
May 28, 2004
michigan(detroit area)
either of you got any input on that relay interference issue? My relay is kinda rectangluar.

Meat Drapes

Dragway Regular
Mar 26, 2005
Stoutland, MO
relay interface issue? What is the problem?

El Coolmino

Top Fueler
May 11, 2005
DSM IA under a green truck
My flasher relay clears fine. It's the short round kind that the factory uses. Try swapping it for the plain style and see if it clears????

Clutch pedal just ended up there when it was adjusted properly. Does yours have a hydraulic? Mine's mechanical, and the pedal's gotta be to the floor for the start switch to activate, so something sounds fishy about your adjustment, the switch, and the clutch. If it's mechanical clutch, are you 100% sure the fork + throwout bearing are clipped together the right way? Lots of people do it just a tiny bit wrong, which results in the pedal being a bit funny. Just guessing here, not trying to insult your skills.

Good Luck!

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!