Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » TECHNICAL » Transmission Technical

Post subject: TH400 Valve Body mods
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:30 am 

Ok I thought I had this figured out but my buddy flaked on me and is now no where to be found...lol

I have a full manual valve body w/transbrake of unknown brand in the tranny right now. I would like to get my auto shift back without changing the valvebody. I know I can replace some internal pieces of the valve body and achieve this but I'm not sure what exactly.

So far this is what I figure needs to be done without actually being able to find the exploded view of the valvebody itself:

o Transbrake solenoid removed and replaced with an accumulator

o supposedly there are some of the springs that run the 1-2 2-3 valves that need to be replaced as well but I'm lost on which ones.

o I'm lost as to whether or not there is a governer in a full manual set up or not. Please someone school me on this.

I have a factory valve body that I harvested from a junk tranny but the it's no good for anything but parts. I do not plan on putting the kickdown in at this time. It's blocked off and I figure I can always insert that later.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:45 am 
Frequent Racer

I'm not 100% but I think that the govenor has to be undone for a manual valvebody. I'm not a trans expert by any means, I only lightly dabble, but IMO it would be easiest to just go back to a stock with a shift kit.

200cc pro toplines
XS282S cam
3600 stall
Team G intake
750 dp.
Chrystler 8.75 rear with 35 spline mosers and a spool. 3010 lbs.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:03 pm 

yeah there's no governor in this thing. I am curious about the springs and stuff. I'm seriously about to go get a TCI valve body and put a kick down and governor in it and hope.

Board index » TECHNICAL » Transmission Technical