new transmission tunnel humps?

rjleiker

Amateur Racer
Sep 24, 2008
Derby, KS
I am trying to find someone who makes new transmission tunnel humps for manual transmissions for g-bodies...

I found this one at the El Camino Store...
http://www.elcaminostore.com/product.asp?pf_id=01-4015&dept_id=7031

It is plastic and am not sure it is exactly what I am looking for...
It may work, but I was hoping to find one made out of metal...

Does anyone know of any others floating around?

rjleiker

Amateur Racer
Sep 24, 2008
Derby, KS
So it just sits on top of the carpet and attaches to the floor?

Could this be used the same as the metal one and just have the carpet cover it with the trim ring and boot on top of the carpet to keep it clean? Or is this specifically used like a factory one on top of the carpet? I've never seen one on top of the carpet.

Meat Drapes

Dragway Regular
Mar 26, 2005
Stoutland, MO
Call Keisler and ask for Richard. They have a precut metal hump that might fit your needs. Its made for the G Body and it fit pretty good. Ill try and post a pic for you.

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
There are two pieces that are shaped like that. The other part of the setup is under the carpet, welded to the floorboard. That piece is screwed in with the trim ring to hold the boot in place. I'm not sure if anyone makes the sheetmetal piece you need to make everything look factory. If all else fails you may be able to have one made from scratch.

rjleiker

Amateur Racer
Sep 24, 2008
Derby, KS
ya, I've seen them on factory setups... I was wondering if anyone made one specifically as a weld in replacement... say if one would want to do a manual swap from an automatic...

Meat Drapes

Dragway Regular
Mar 26, 2005
Stoutland, MO
I guess if you dont already have a transmission hump then this may not work for you.

Car%20132.jpg

rjleiker

Amateur Racer
Sep 24, 2008
Derby, KS
Ya, it looks like I will possibly be building one myself at this point, unless Keisler comes up with something. No biggie.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!