Cross member help

78_buwag

Amateur Racer
Sep 26, 2012
Columbia, MO
I bought a jegs double hump transmission crossmember for my 78 malibu wagon with a th350. My bolt holes are coming up a half inch short. Called jegs tech and we're thinking it's the same frame as an El Camino. DOES anyone know what cross member I'm supposed to run?

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
The Malibu Coupe, Sedan and Wagon frames have the same suspension specs. The Elky has a longer wheelbase. Cross members should interchange for all in the same years.

Tommy

malibuguy

Top Fueler
Sep 29, 2003
Finksburg, Md
www.cardomain.com
Jegs crossmembers have a reputation of not always fitting correctly.

All the Gbodies are the same...doesnt matter if Elco, Malibu or Cutlass in terms of crossmember requirements

The only caveat is the later ones for the 200r4, early cars require an extention. But that doesnt affect you at all with a th350

Id suggest either an Iceman tubular unit, or a Gforce (sold as a summit). Both fit excellent and work well.

The iceman is lighter then stock, the Gforce is BEEFY and is much heavier then stock but it helps reinforce the frame somewhat.

Ive run both, I got the Iceman in my turbo car(unit itself is about 7years old), and my old Gforce (10-12years old by now) is still in current use on my Dads elcamino

78_buwag

Amateur Racer
Sep 26, 2012
Columbia, MO
Thanks for the help for my stock on back in for now, will probably just modify this one later one

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!