powerglide HELP

prostreet66

Dragway Regular
Oct 18, 2008
waterloo iowa
Pulled a bone head move when I took motor and trans out. I left the linkage hooked up where It drops down through the floor on my 64 chevelle....when I reinstalled it I had to use a pry Bar to get it to hook back up (trans linkage )... I went to drive it and it shifted hard had to play with it to go into gear. I've backed it in and out of the garage a few times now and it seemed better. This weekend I went to pull it inside and it acted up again. I had to forcefully try n shift it. Now it's messed up . I rolled it in the garage with it in the park postion . (Inside the car) I took console apart and unhooked the rod that goes to the arm through the floor. Shifter goes through the motions as it should. So I know the issue is down below. I can't seem to get it into park manually by hand...what should I do?

Sounds like you bent or broke something in the shifter linkage. If everything external checks out then it's time to drop the pan and see if something is bent or broken inside the transmission. The internal shift linkage clamps around the manual shaft. There is a pin that is integral to the internal shift linkage that engages the manual valve in the valve body. You need to check all of these areas for damage.

prostreet66

Dragway Regular
Oct 18, 2008
waterloo iowa
I'm going to check the side of the trans where I was manually shifting. If I rememeber rigjt I can loosen it there and maybe it slipped there and needs to be set back in place? Just a thought

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!