Muncie with Console

Joe87MonteSS

Amateur Racer
Sep 18, 2006
Memphis, TN
So I've got my Muncie installed in my 87 SS. I am now trying to get the console in its factory location. Here is how it sits currently.

The shifter is a Hurst Competition Plus 391-8014. Application is 68-72 Chevelle, Etc. I do not know what installation kit I have, but here is where the shifter bolts.

I want to move the shifter back to fit the console better. If my research is correct, an installation kit for a 69 Chevelle will move it back about an inch. But if I get an installation kit for a 67 Camaro, it looks like it will move the shifter back a couple inches, which would be perfect.

I'm wanting to know if anyone else has tried this, and also will the Chevelle shifter work with the Camaro installation kit. I looked at the sticky above, and researched my *ss off. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
68-72 A body is the same, so going from 68 to 69 won't change a thing. I have the exact shifter for that application, too. It has a big offset on the shifter arm where the lever mounts to allow it to work with the console.

Tommy

Joe87MonteSS

Amateur Racer
Sep 18, 2006
Memphis, TN
I know that. I just wanted to know about the 67 Camaro installation kit.

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
Ah. I misunderstood.

Tommy

Joe87MonteSS

Amateur Racer
Sep 18, 2006
Memphis, TN
Thats what I was thinking. Its on its way and I will post my results once installed. It seems like this info would be out there.

Joe87MonteSS

Amateur Racer
Sep 18, 2006
Memphis, TN
Rob on mcss.com had one with the console. But I never did ask him what all he used. Here is his:

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!